VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rec Of Counseling

Rate this question

dtclou

Question

Does an evaluation that states

"regressing" and "indifferent attitude resulting in mediocre performance & counseling" + "performance well below capabilities" & "must get back into the team spirit and once again become a hard charging & reliable sailor"

help to establish that there were mental/emotional issues that begain in service? (depression/PTSD/mood disorder)?

Thanks

Edited by dtclou

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

as an NCO I would write a statement like that up on an individual that was not giving 100% to the tasks he was assigned and expected to do. A statement by a NCO on a counseling sheet is not indicative of PTSD, did his conduct end up in disciplinary action, was in in direct relation to the incident that made him depressed, example a soldier is robbed and beaten left for dead, then they try to run him over with a car to keep him from testifying at the general court martials, the soldier goes AWOL, when he comes back he puts in transfer papers to leave the post where all this happened, that shows a stressor, the actions it set into motion, the awol as he was scared for his life and flight to leave the scene of all the problems. You are not providing enough information for people to tell you how to approach the issue.

I was wondering if this would help establish a begining of emotion problems. This was just after his GW service . After this report & counseling, he was "transfered to a new det after experiencing problems w/old det. to provide w/"clean slate" .

This is not for his PTDS - there is much more he experiance for that. (I shouldn't have put that on this post)

He has been diagnosised w/depression, but not granted S/C because VARO said there were no records of any problems or counsiling. I thought this may help establish that there were issues.

I don't have many records to work with right now. He only kept a small folder - I am waiting for his SMC & C-file. I just thought this might help start the connection, is it worth sending?

• HadIt.com Elder

To dtclou:

I am with Testvet on his question that perhaps you need to be a bit more open on what your need.

Sometimes .. it can be difficult .. but the more info that you provide .. the better the info that you will get.

I think that this board has seen just about everything from A to Z.

Example ... what happened to him in order for him to claim his disabilities.

FYI ... Many of us have had to spill out our guts here ... in order to give good info ... in order to get good advice.

Can you elaborate more ... or perhaps I am missing something ??

Magoo .. aka .. Bill ... ;)

• HadIt.com Elder

by the way most of the old people on the board know that the soldier that I described in my example was me, I am the one who was robbed and went AWOL becuase I was scared. Thant was in 1975 when I left the Army in 1982 I was a SSG but I still had PTSD.