VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Issues For The 111th And 112th Congress

Rate this question

allan

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Veterans Issues for the 111th and 112th Congress http://www.2ndbattalion94thartillery.com/Chas/IssuesforCongress.htm I have also been asked by a reporter to document my seven year case history as well as a standard case taking months when it should have taken a few days at the most for us. I will use one of my fellow deceased Battalion Members case as an example for the additional typical example. Kelley

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

:rolleyes:

You know allen can't understand why no one has replied to the dissertation of this post. I read the article from beginning to end but I can assure you that neither the VA or the Government will read it; in fact I would bet less than 5% of hadit members will read it in total. Why? Because the attention span is just not there. Don't misunderstand it is all true but when did truth result in more VA claim approvals?

Edited by rthomass

• HadIt.com Elder

Kelley has spent years fighting for Agent Orange veterans.

Many won't read posts on Agent Orange/Gulf War Illness or PTSD for that matter, because they don't believe these illnesses exist or vets should be compensated for it.

If my head isn't taking in what I read, I'll still post the information & try to read it later when I can understand it. I sometimes have to have the wife read it and help me understand it all.

Whatever Kelley sends me is always worth the read either way.

The truth is, most of whats posted on this board(or any board) will not result in claim approvals. The DVA will make sure of that. But it's likely to get you a remand.

• HadIt.com Elder

This recent study Kelley points out in his letter is definitely worth reading.

http://www.2ndbattalion94thartillery.com/C...forCongress.htm

A recent study released and published in Environmental Health Perspectives demonstrates the increase in the prevalence of metabolic syndrome associated with the body burden levels of dioxin and related compounds.

doi: 10.1289/ehp.0800012 - recent study released and published in Environmental Health Perspectives, http://dx.doi.org on line 10 October 2008, National Institute of health; U.S. Department of Health and Human Services

This syndrome is defined but not inclusive or limited to:

The metabolic syndrome is characterized by a group of metabolic risk factors in one person. They include:

Abdominal obesity (excessive fat tissue in and around the abdomen)

Atherogenic dyslipidemia (blood fat disorders — high triglycerides, low HDL cholesterol and high LDL cholesterol — that foster plaque buildups in artery walls)

Elevated blood pressure

Insulin resistance or glucose intolerance (the body can’t properly use insulin or blood sugar)

Prothrombotic state (e.g., high fibrinogen or plasminogen activator inhibitor–1 in the blood) {I would note here that while it was recommended in Ranch Hand this test be included it was not even though this syndrome was discussed as associated with the found increase in triglycerides associated to dioxin exposures.}

Proinflammatory state (e.g., elevated C-reactive protein in the blood) {The constant inflammatory condition of the blood is now being recognized as an equal if not more important marker in heart disease than just low HDL cholesterol and high LDL cholesterol levels alone. This is one reason why I suggested that Vietnam Veterans have their doctors keep an eye on this condition and treat as accordingly to get this constant inflammatory condition and elevated blood fat acids (triglycerides) under control.}

People with the metabolic syndrome are at increased risk of coronary heart disease and other diseases related to plaque buildups in artery walls (e.g., stroke and peripheral vascular disease) and type 2 diabetes. The metabolic syndrome has become increasingly common in the United States. It’s estimated that over 50 million Americans have it.

With the use of more and more pesticides, herbicides, and industrial pollution this is not just increased over the last twenty years in the United States but any industrialized or emerging nation.