Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Opposite Claims Question

Rate this question

purple

Question

I took note of the topic of the hassel of going through the claims process....with the thousands of folks here on Hadit I just wanted to know if anyone else on here, besides me, has had a positive experience with the claims process?

My claim was processed in under a year...I did it all myself...and I received 100% IU, P&T, no further exams req.

I can't be the only one who has had success with a claim.

• Answers 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Here's my outlook on all of this.

Purple just had a solid claim, and the VSR that recieved the claim was very competent and willing to do their job.

My reasoning of all of this is the fact that I had/have my SMR's, knew exactly what the VA wanted, and still got the out come I did. The only difference was the VSR receiving my claim. It's obvious that they didn't want to do their job, they could've been competent, but lazy. The reason I choose the word lazy, is the fact that all he/she had to do was look and see that my condition was in VASRD and rate me appropriately. Instead, he/she guessed my condition wouldn't be in there, and decided to rate me anologously. Sent me for a C&P exam that was for the anologous condition, and now on appeal, they want to base everything off that C&P exam. It took two appeals just to get them to realize they rated my condition incorrectly.

So, because I had a lazy VSR that took on my initial claim, I'm now in the boat that I am. Anyone see anything messed up with this picture? Now, I've spent a year and a half trying to get them to fix a mistake that in no part was my own. I gave them everything they needed, and the VSR still screwed it up.

Now, obviously, purple didn't get this treatment. That's because not all VA employees are incompetent, nor are they laazy. I wish I knew exactly the ratio of competent/willing to incompetent/unwilling, but I don't think it will ever be apparent. There's only one reason, and thats because the VA has no accountability. That initial VSR that took on my claim should at the very least lost her/his job, and depending on how many other claims she/he messed up should be looking at jail time.

______EDIT_____

I wanted to add one more thing to this. SSA was able to grand my SSDI claim in less than two months based soley off my SMR. I didn't recieve any EXAMS from SSA. Tell me what wrong with this picture also. How can one gov agency look at my SMR and grant so quickly, and the other take almost two years. That's how solid my claim was, but once again, it doesn't matter to an incompetent/lazy VSR. Their there for the paycheck. It's 8-4, and just try to make their qouta while goofing off inbetween. I've seen Sillyvilians(GS employees) at work. Towards the end of my Navy career I was put on LIMDU status, and had to work with a bunch of these people. People would be outragged to know what goes on in Passenger Service at a Military Airterminal, and the mistreatment its passengers recieve.

Edited by livingrock21

Another huge difference is,that when you get medically discharged

and have all of your records,from active duty, that provides an

tremendous advantage in getting your VA claim granted.

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25582&hl=

Livingrock,

Remember SSA and VA are like apples and oranges.

A fully favorable decision from SSA is arrived at

completely differently than VA SC disability.

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Carlie,

Guess I forgot to mention that part also. I was medically retired for the same condition they originally screwed up. Lol. The DOD got it right(with the dx), but when it came to the va, they couldn't. I even gave them my Medical retirement documents which stated the proper VASRD diagnostic code, and the lazy VSR still decided he/she was going to rate me anologously due to my condition supposibly not being in there. That's how messed up my situation is, lol.

Also, I did realize that about SSA and the VA. Guess I just forgot. It shouldn't be like that, but I do realize how different they can be. You know the funny thing about this whole situation is the fact that most people say SSA is the harder of the two orginizations to deal with, atleast in my experience yet since I had such a solid claim I was able to get it granted and money in the bank in about two months. It's just crazy.

I'm sorry for my rant.

Edited by livingrock21

Carlie,

Guess I forgot to mention that part also. I was medically retired for the same condition they originally screwed up. Lol. The DOD got it right(with the dx), but when it came to the va, they couldn't. I even gave them my Medical retirement documents which stated the proper VASRD diagnostic code, and the lazy VSR still decided he/she was going to rate me anologously due to my condition supposibly not being in there. That's how messed up my situation is, lol.

Also, I did realize that about SSA and the VA. Guess I just forgot. It shouldn't be like that, but I do realize how different they can be. You know the funny thing about this whole situation is the fact that most people say SSA is the harder of the two orginizations to deal with, atleast in my experience yet since I had such a solid claim I was able to get it granted and money in the bank in about two months. It's just crazy.

Very good, rock... Your gonna be very fluent with VA speak soon. Don't give up on the condition that the military retired you for... That will always be key to your fight.

Analogous rating codes refer to the fact that every condition is its own and that some conditions are organized according to a similar condition or conditions. The VA does it quite often, but in their defense so do a lot of medical entities. It's bad though when you have the VASRD code for your exact condition, and they didn't rate you accordingly. Of course, we spoke about the whole mix-up, and how this would likely work to your advantage if your claim ever ends up at BVA.

Meddac,

Thanks buddy. That talk we had was very informative. I've seen it posted on here many a times, "Wish there were more people like you at the VA.", and "Your the exception.". I don't want to believe that, but I do know that there is good people in the VA compensation department because of you! I hope there are a lot more than what I think there may be, but I guess as the fight goes on, I'll find out. The fact that you take time out of your day to get on here and give an insiders point of view is spectacular. I want to thank you again, and god bless you. You will be a great aspect to this forum, and I'm sure a lot of others will feel the same way once they get to know you a bit better. I also love the fact that your willing to give it to everyone straight. There are a few other people on here that will give it to you straight, and I feel their opinion is invaluable also! This board is the next best thing to sliced bread, as my father would say, lol.

Thank you everyone, for being there for me, and showing me the ropes. I'm learning, and I truely believe the experience on this board has helped my claim tremendously.

As always, you guys are great!