VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sinus Bradycardia

Rate this question

dtclou

Question

I'm trying to weed thru the SMR papers & make a useful stack & other stack.

So far in my husbands SMR I just got I found 3 "Sinus Bradycardia" w/ECG .

What is this??? What are normal results?

On top of 1 from 1990 it reads "Marked Sinus Bradycardia w/sinus arrhythmia abnormal ECG" PRT axes 45-79-67 (I can give more #'s if someone tells me what to look for????)

On top of another in 1993 "Sinus Bradycardia w/occational premature atrial complexes rightward axis borderline ECG " PRT axes 27-95-44

**there is a black ink line marking out "occasional premature atrial complexes righwar axix" and some writting - can't read well.

Then a 3rd 1 month later that reads "Sinus Bradycardia otherwise normal ECG" PRT axes 66-78-60

**This one has his last name & ss written on the side - but not filled electronically in Name/age section - just written off to the side in the same back ink.

Are these normal results?

Does he have a heart problems?

He was never told about any of this & I don't know what it is? Should I make him take it to his next civilian Dr appt - does it need follow up ? or are these normal results?

Edited by dtclou

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

How do you get Hypertention rated as presumptive? They denied him S/C just receintly. He is finally staying on the medication & it is helping control the HBP. He never like much salt, and is trying to eat healthier now. Thanks for the advise.

Hypertension presumptive: The Presumptve criteria for Hypertension is a diagnosis, Treatment or high blood pressure readings with the top line systolic 160 or Bottom line diastolic 100.

The VA states 3 readings on 3 consecutive days to confirm, Unless there is evidence in the service record and the disability still exists.

Hi, thanks - I'll send a letter to VARO & ask them to pull his VA Rx for proof he was on meds & obviously diagnosised if they put him on meds.....

VARO just denied him s/c & said he wasn't ever diagnosised . I didn't know this was a presumtive condition.

Thank you all.

Hypertension is not a ballpark presumptive condition.

To be considered presumptive Hypertension has to have "manifested itself " to a degree of at least 10% within one year after service. and remained chronic thereafter-

38USCS 1112(a)

An other type of presumption for hypertension would be if it falls under 38 USCS 1101(3) (38 CFR 3.309(a) (2005)-

"cardiovascular-renal disease ,including hypertension"

It is often found as secondary to other SC disabilities too.

This BVA 2005 decision shows what I mean- the veteran did not have cardiovascular disease with renal involvement. He also did not have HBP diagnosis or readings that would show 10% or more disabling chronicity during service or during first year after service:

http://www.va.gov/vetapp05/files5/0531520.txt

Specifically the BVA stated:

"There is also no evidence of cardiovascular-renal disease

within a year after separation from service. The veteran

filed a claim for disability compensation in July 1956;

however, the only disability which he mentioned pertained to

the left knee. The report of a VA disability evaluation

examination conducted in May 1957 is also negative for any

references to cardiovascular or renal disorders. Examination

of the cardiovascular system shows that the heart size, rate,

rhythm and tones were all normal. His blood pressure was

only 120/80. A chest X-ray taken in connection with the VA