Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Decided On March 10th. Now What?

Rate this question

pilgrim01

Question

I called the 1-800 number on Friday and the rep told me that my claim had been finalized and given a rating on Tuesday, March 10th! She said she could not see what it was though. How long until I see or hear anything in writing? I filed my claim mid-August under the "pre-discharge" program. Don't know the actual name. I retired Nov 1st. Thanks!

• Answers 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

luvHim,

I called and said (in a nice tone), "Can I could get my current rating on the Virtual, please"? Just like that and the guy said, "well, let me see"..... then he said, "It shows you're at 40%, did you need anything else?" I said, "no" and "Thank you". I also called the other 1-800 number that I saw on another post in the forum that someone else had used. It wasn't the 1-800-827-1000 number.

Edited by pilgrim01

Everyone,

I also called AMVETS to ask them a question and the lady that helped me file my claim said I should never call or contact the VA and to only go through her. I didn't ask her if I was legally bound though because she did help me get the current rating that I am waiting on. I didn't want her to feel as if I used her services, now I'm gone. I wonder if I filed my appeal through the DAV or whatever, would AMVETS take any kind of action?

Jim Mac, do you know?

Everyone,

I also called AMVETS to ask them a question and the lady that helped me file my claim said I should never call or contact the VA and to only go through her. I didn't ask her if I was legally bound though because she did help me get the current rating that I am waiting on. I didn't want her to feel as if I used her services, now I'm gone. I wonder if I filed my appeal through the DAV or whatever, would AMVETS take any kind of action?

Jim Mac, do you know?

Pilgrim

Never heard of that. I still have the DAV as my POC. But I do all my research and my own NODS and have been very sucesuffly useing hadit. Remember nobody cares more about your claim then you.

You can keep amvets informned. I call the 1800 number 2 times a month.

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

Pilgrim

Never heard of that. I still have the DAV as my POC. But I do all my research and my own NODS and have been very sucesuffly useing hadit. Remember nobody cares more about your claim then you.

You can keep amvets informned. I call the 1800 number 2 times a month.

Jim

Pilgrim: It is your right to call VA whenever you want. Sometimes VSO's think they are lawyers and they don't want you talking with the other side. Your next step is to definitely sit back and wait for the decision letter to arrive. Then contact Jim MAC and get together for a strategy meeting. Not to get your hopes up, but if they awarded you 40% on your initial claim, you should be able to get to 50% with help from hadit.

Did you file anything for hearing/tinnitus (rining in the ears)?? If you worked around jets or were in combat near explosions or if you were around noise, you should explore the tinnitus condition. That is 10%. Look forward to you letting us know what your decision letter says.

s/ Mags

We kept our promise and served honorably. Now it is time for the VA to keep their's!

I am not an attorney or VSO and offer my opinions free of charge. Any advice I provide in my posts is from experiences I have had with the VA or I have the knowledge that others have encoutered. I accept no liability for this advice should you chose to follow it.

Thanks, mags. I don't know if the tinnitus will work. I did work around birds for a little while on the flight line. I was Security Forces for 12 years before re-training, but mainly Law Enforcement. I'll post when I get the letter.

Pilgrim,

Please tell me you got your award letter already. I read your post the other day and I wrote my on post. It said my claim went to the rater on March 9TH, authorization on the 13TH, and I got a call from my Rep telling me I was awarded on the 16TH. I even got my award letter on the 17TH.

I think something is wrong, It should not take that long

Pete992

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.