Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Decided On March 10th. Now What?

Rate this question

pilgrim01

Question

I called the 1-800 number on Friday and the rep told me that my claim had been finalized and given a rating on Tuesday, March 10th! She said she could not see what it was though. How long until I see or hear anything in writing? I filed my claim mid-August under the "pre-discharge" program. Don't know the actual name. I retired Nov 1st. Thanks!

• Answers 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I put in for 8 total. Yes, I retired Nov 1, 2008. The VA said they sent my letter on Tuesday, so I should have it when I get home this evening. :P Why? (I always ask "why" hoping to learn more, please don't take it the wrong way)

Also, what kind of time difference is it between a NOD and a request for reconsideration?

Edited by pilgrim01

Like I said I am not retired and I don't fully understand how VA awards you disability. I get paid a set amount every month. I am not sure if you get a set amount above your retirement or you get that part of your retirement tax free. I never looked into it since I am not retired but I heard a little bit about it which is confusing. The more claims you file the better your chances are getting to 50%, yes some will be denied but some will go through. You're right, ask all the questions you need that is how you learn. If I don't know the answer or if I am wrong someone on hadit will put you on the right track. We all are learning.

Pete992

sorry missed question. NOD takes a year or two, request for reconsideration should be only 3 to 6 month at most but you have to stay on them

Edited by pacmanx1

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

Thanks, Pete!

Pilgram

Let us know what you were rated on and what the rateing is. Then we can attack from there.

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim