Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Assumption Of Soundness

Rate this question

nanaeris

Question

I was diagnosed with Osgood-Schlatter Disease after injuring my knees in a training exercise by a General practioner. Although I was 20 years old. I had fluid drained off my knee and given cortizone shoots. My job was a Air Force Security Policeman. It took the Air Force over 2 years to get me to an orthropedic doctor. The Orthropedic doctor diagonosed me with Chondromalacia with clicking and granding. The Air Force MED Board released me from the military, and stated my condition was not caused or aggravated by military service although the Orthopedic doctor stated I had Chondromalacia which was caused by my military service. They stated I had Osgood-Schlatter Disease which was a pre-teen condition . When I filed a claim with the VA they denied my claim. They stated exactly what the MED Board reported. I have asked over the last 15 years why Chondromalacia was not considered in their decision since it was on my military medical records. I also asked the VA why the "Assumption of Soundness" policy was not addressed in their decision. I explained that every Orthropedic doctor, privated and VA have stated that I had Chrondromalacia and not Osgood-Schlatter disease. They finally rated me at 40% service-connected disability. Do I have any recourse about the VA not using "Assumption of Soundness" or all the information in my military medical records.

Thank you,

NaNaEris

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

i used presumtion of soundness as one of the reg for my cue i broke elbow when 12yr old put it on enlistment exam doc stated healed i was injured in a fall hurt elbow had parthisis in hand bonechip found on exray.but got denied and told i had symton before services. hurt neck in same fall and got rated. i check broke elbow when 12 not all the problem that put me out army. oh i was 22 when fall happen in army.

i used presumtion of soundness as one of the reg for my cue i broke elbow when 12yr old put it on enlistment exam doc stated healed i was injured in a fall hurt elbow had parthisis in hand bonechip found on exray.but got denied and told i had symton before services. hurt neck in same fall and got rated. i check broke elbow when 12 not all the problem that put me out army. oh i was 22 when fall happen in army.