Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Next

Rate this question

Curt

Question

I filed a claim in September 2008 for PTSD, Hearing, Heart Condition, ICD, COPD and Diabetes, at the time I filed I submitted several IMOs, in December of 08 I was sent to two different C&P exams with an outsource DR scheduled by QTC here in Houston. Last month I received a request for medical information that I had already provide so I sent it in again. I have yet to be called for a C&P for the PTSD but I did provide medical information showing I have PTSD with a GAF of 45 this is from two different Drs.

My question is what should I do now? I know it hasn't been as long as most of you folks I just really don't know what to do, sit and wait or what. I have called my VSO but thats sort of a joke no info but wait!

Thanks

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Did you get a copy of the C&P exams? That will tell you where the VA is going most probably. Just respond to information requests and ask via IRIS about the status of your claim.

Thought about trying to get copies of my C&P exams but I was told that would really slow my claim down so I dropped the idea

I filed a claim in September 2008 for PTSD, Hearing, Heart Condition, ICD, COPD and Diabetes, at the time I filed I submitted several IMOs, in December of 08 I was sent to two different C&P exams with an outsource DR scheduled by QTC here in Houston. Last month I received a request for medical information that I had already provide so I sent it in again. I have yet to be called for a C&P for the PTSD but I did provide medical information showing I have PTSD with a GAF of 45 this is from two different Drs.

My question is what should I do now? I know it hasn't been as long as most of you folks I just really don't know what to do, sit and wait or what. I have called my VSO but thats sort of a joke no info but wait!

Thanks

September isn't long ago for a claim that involves PTSD. It's a little more involved. If they confirm your stressor you will get an exam. It doesn't matter much that you have a diagnosis unless they can confirm your stressor. Stressors can be confirmed by having recieved certain combat medals, or if JSRRC can confirm a certain event that you were involved in or witnessed. I have an example that I am working on that has gone south in a hurry, and I am now in a "Admin Decision" position that can be costly.

I could explain that a lot better but there are people on here with PTSD and out of respect for them I'm not going to put a stressor event in here. Maybe I can PM you an example of PTSD gone south later.

Bottomline, they will confirm your stressor before they send you for a C&P. At least that is how Our RO does it, and I am pretty sure that is how Houston does it as well.

I sometimes wish I could talk about a lot of things to get them off my chest...The job does weigh on you at times, but the sun will also rise tomorrow, right?

Edited by Meddac

• HadIt.com Elder

You should be able to go to the records dept of the VAMC where you got the C&P exam and get a copy. It should not slow down the process unless there has been change Catch 22.

I had my C&P exams with contract Doctors from QTC so Im told I just can't request a copy from the VAMC, Don't know if thats correct or not!

I had my C&P exams with contract Doctors from QTC so Im told I just can't request a copy from the VAMC, Don't know if thats correct or not!

Curt,

While I am no expert I have seen experts agree many times with your statement. With a contractor you can only get them form the VA.

Edited by cvsp