Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

When A Sc Condition Affects A Non Sc Condition?

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Hello Folks I got a question for anyone with the answer. I have a SC condition High Blood Pressure that has done many malicous things to my body so far. I was with a shirnk from the VA who has helped me a good bit but she recomeded that I should consult with an Doctor to get an IMO that tied the High blood pressure that is driven higher sometimes with my PTSD. I am already rated for the Migraines as secondary and I have a lot of things that tend to cause my blood pressure to shopot way out the roof sometimes as a result of my PTSD. I have and continue to have a lot of problems with my PTSd but I understand completely how it gets in the way of normal life. I just wanted to ask has anyone heard of such a claim or reasoning? I do not intend to tie up the system with claims I have no chance in winning but just a thought. For the record my PTSD is not service connected even though I had a lot of harsh stuff I witnessed in service. I had a buddy fall off the tent and impail himself on them metal tent rods from the GP large tents fell off the roof of the tent right in front of me blood was spraying and then had to lift him up off the thing and airlift him out from the area. Lots more stuff than that but I was the one usally got the injuries my Medical file reads like a who who of the ER. Blown up in a shower unit in Korea, Tossed out of a moving amtrack, Jeep wreck into a concrette barrier on guard duty the list goes on and on. I just am waiting like everyone else on the last claim to come back. Adios and have a good day

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

You seem to have a stressor from the military for PTSD. You would do better to file for PTSD as primary conditon. Depression would be a better condition as secondary to hight blood pressure.

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy V

• HadIt.com Elder
Depression would be a better condition as secondary to high blood pressure.

Really? What would be the medical rational behind depression secondary to HBP?

I would think your PTSD would be the best route to go for service connection. Just the way you described your friends ordeal sounds like it is a major stressor for you. What is the shrink saying your PTSD is caused from? Or getting blown up in a shower in Korea............ Not an expert on this, but those sound like stressors to me.

s/ Mags

We kept our promise and served honorably. Now it is time for the VA to keep their's!

I am not an attorney or VSO and offer my opinions free of charge. Any advice I provide in my posts is from experiences I have had with the VA or I have the knowledge that others have encoutered. I accept no liability for this advice should you chose to follow it.

With 80% now- are you still working?

(sorry if I asked before- I forget what you said)

IF not -do you have a TDIU claim pending?

Did the VA deny SC for PTSD in a past decision? Or did you not choose to claim PTSD?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Did the VA deny SC for PTSD in a past decision? Or did you not choose to claim PTSD?

Hello Berta, I was sorry to hear about all your troubles going on I hope you get your claims in order. We all get tired of the bull we hear from some agencies. I am 80% the break down is 60, 30, 10, 10, 10, 0, 0, and a few more but I think I will look them up. I had to retire in 2001 from the Migraines dignosed as "vascular in nature" from my flucuation of my SC High Blood Pressure. I got hurt and I have the PTSD from a civillian Job. I have never put in for PTSD based on my service records but I was retired medically in 2001 for the migraines and PTSD. I have not worked since then. I am on SS but was just curious it would seem like they would try and pinn everything to my Civillian PTSD so I guess an IMO opinion to reflect that is my only option. I have been down latley as when spring comes my kids want to run and play but I have this bad heart I cannot get out there and run with them like the other parents do. I do like throwing ball so I guess I am lucky there is no running involved. Have a good day and good luck on your claims....

I forgot to mention Yes I have the claim in it is at the rating board since December 08 so I guess I will hear something soon. I know they are working on it I call and check about every week here lately. I had thought about filing a new claim on my back as I have some nerve dammage and resulting Nueropathy in my left leg and foot but if I am successful with the TDIU I am not going to pursue them unless the award is not P/T. What is your thoughts on this? I already had all the C/P exams and the past employer and SS records that show I was retired part for the Migraines. I do not want to draw any heat from putting in claims but I want to have all of conditions rated so everything is noted and rated on. I had been advised by members on the forum and from the VARO that I should wait to hear on my TDIU claim as it would hold up my award if they approve the claim. I know it is complicated but I am pretty young but with my heart the way it is as a result from all the years of uncontroled hypertension I suspect that my heart will only get worse. Adios and again you do great work on this board and I appriciate yours and other advice.