Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Links Are Driving Me Batty

simple fly

• HadIt.com Elder

simplefly,

when I'm having the most problems opening links/pics is usually after I get an update of Internet Explorer. It ends up changing the settings that alow it in IE options.

Another thing that can effect it is your popup blocker setting.

I sometimes have to right click on the link & open it in a new tab or window.

Pain in the butt , but it works.

If your running microsoft junk like VISTA for your operating system, your likely to have many problems.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder
I was not trying to be a smartass. The last question was a joke, that obviously fell flat. :angry:

Since two of you are having the same problem, I was wondering if you were using the same OS, Internet browser and media player/software to display images. Then if there was a match, we could ask if someone else had the same thing, and was not having a similar problem, and then find out what is causing the problem. At least it would have been a place to start looking. With the limited information given, I had nothing to go on. Kind of like a mechanic getting a phone call by someone telling him that their car doesn't start and being asked "Why?".

Simple Fly - You did not post that everything has been working just fine until just recently, so I did not know.

Josephine - You may be suffering from an 'undocumented enhancement' in the lastest Vista update. I have done some research on this and a simple fix may be that you have to install yourself as the administrator.

1. Click on start windows button (lower left corner of screen with the MS Logo)
  2. Click on programs
  3. Click on accessories
  4. Right-Click on command prompt and select run as Adminstrator
  5. Click on continue
  6. Type in without the quotes " net user administrator /active:yes "
  7. Press Enter
  8. Restart computer
Please let me know if this helps.

Louis

A co-worker of mine once said that fixing computer problems is a lot like being a doctor. We learn the symptoms, and do our best to fix the patient, sometime it takes trial and error. But then again, with two Information Technology degrees, writing my first program in 1976, building my first computer in 1980, and 23 years of working in the field, I don't know anything...

Bonzai,

I tried it and it didn't work. I also used to be able to open all

pictures. I wanted Larry's Cat "Lola's" quilt, but he wouldn't mail

it to me. He takes beautiful pictures of his furry friends.

In fact I am now missing out on a lot of beautiful photo's.

I like to see the fish, the boats and the dogs and cats and

Berta's doll houses.

Thanks,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

this is the message i get.....only on this site when i attempt to open links or attachments.i run windows xp

Edited by simple fly

<b>for sale.....1 used veteran.slightly broken.

understands very little when it comes to regulations.

please be gentle.housebroken</b> <b>,growls

but does not bite</b>

Woooo Hoooo! It is a board error, not your computers! Had me worried for awhile... :angry:

Since I am not an Admin, now it is Tbird's problem!

I am posting a link below that has someone who had the same problem with a board, and the Admin fixed it! I have no idea of what they did, but it is not computer related!

Click Here.

This needs to be moved to the Board's Technical Forum.

Louis

Simple Fly, thanks for the extra info, it is what I needed.

"It is a terrible thing, when you lose your train of thought and you only have a one track mind"... Me

96C2P/96F2P (old MOS designations)

97E2P/37F2P (new MOS designations)

Woooo Hoooo! It is a board error, not your computers! Had me worried for awhile... :angry:

Since I am not an Admin, now it is Tbird's problem!

I am posting a link below that has someone who had the same problem with a board, and the Admin fixed it! I have no idea of what they did, but it is not computer related!

Click Here.

This needs to be moved to the Board's Technical Forum.

Louis

Simple Fly, thanks for the extra info, it is what I needed.

thanks.for the help.your help is appreciated..your humor..well,it may need to grow on me..i m a crotchity old fart

<b>for sale.....1 used veteran.slightly broken.

understands very little when it comes to regulations.

please be gentle.housebroken</b> <b>,growls

but does not bite</b>