Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back Problems.. Radicolopathy, Also?

Rate this question

pilgrim01

Question

I just wanted to confirm (from what I heard hear on the board) that when I make my claim for my back problems (protrusions, sacrilization, narrowings, etc) that I can also make a SEPARATE claim for my Radicolopathy (nerve damage)? I'm just confirming (and getting my "stuff" together) because with other claims, you can only claim one thing per "part".

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

That's exactly what I needed to know! Thanks, everyone!

I don't see how they can deny me on this one! All the evidence is right there! :)

Oh, as you know, they deny many slam dunk claims! I guess they just hope that a large % of us will just give up. Make sure you have them check both legs for radicolopathy and you could also have it in your arms. Cervical spine problems can cause radicolopathy in your shoulders/arms. Just hang in there and you will eventually prevail.

s/ Mags

We kept our promise and served honorably. Now it is time for the VA to keep their's!

I am not an attorney or VSO and offer my opinions free of charge. Any advice I provide in my posts is from experiences I have had with the VA or I have the knowledge that others have encoutered. I accept no liability for this advice should you chose to follow it.

Will do. I do have shoulder pain now, but it isn't documented in my medcial records because it just started about two months ago. I retired in Nov. What to do? Thanks, mags!

Oh, as you know, they deny many slam dunk claims! I guess they just hope that a large % of us will just give up. Make sure you have them check both legs for radicolopathy and you could also have it in your arms. Cervical spine problems can cause radicolopathy in your shoulders/arms. Just hang in there and you will eventually prevail.

I would assume you did answer my question. Was the nerve damage in his legs due to the back problems?

Hey just wanted to chime in. I have DDD in my back from an old injury in service. I had the nerve dammage diagnosed by both VA and Civ Doc but they lowballed me and skipped over the meat of the claim. Do not get mad Just hang in there if you do not get the % you deserve. I had went back to the Clinic today and asked that I get another MRI as I got Nueropathy in both legs and Numbness in feet. I would say also that just keep making sure you get your symptoms documented. I was happy my Doctor agreed with me but I am waiting to see what the MRI says. It is a hard journey but hang in there I wish you luck...

Thanks, oldman!

Hey just wanted to chime in. I have DDD in my back from an old injury in service. I had the nerve dammage diagnosed by both VA and Civ Doc but they lowballed me and skipped over the meat of the claim. Do not get mad Just hang in there if you do not get the % you deserve. I had went back to the Clinic today and asked that I get another MRI as I got Nueropathy in both legs and Numbness in feet. I would say also that just keep making sure you get your symptoms documented. I was happy my Doctor agreed with me but I am waiting to see what the MRI says. It is a hard journey but hang in there I wish you luck...