Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Document Mixup

Rate this question

militarynurse

Question

While I was reviewing the copy of my C-File the VA sent me, I discovered that documents belonging to another veteran named "xxxx x. xxxxxxx" along with his Social Security Number xxx-xx-xxxx were mixed in with my documents. My documents and Mr. xxxxxxx's are both from the same regional office. I called the VA's 1-800 number and the counselor told me to send them back to the VA and not shred them.

Naturally, I am concerned that Mr. xxxxxxx's documents may have influenced the VA's actions/decisions on my claims. I am also concerned that the VA employees tasked with assisting to develop or rate my claims are not reviewing my C-file as thoroughly as they should in looking for evidence that supports my claims, otherwise they would have also found Mr. xxxxxxx's documents and removed them.

Everyone should get a copy of their C-file and review it to make sure it isn't contaminated with someone else's documents.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

It only proves that VA does hire the bottom of the barrel. Jezz send them back to school. I m still waiting on my C-file to arrive. Hopefully mine is in better shape. Good luck.

....And on the eighth day God created Infantry and Hell cried for mercy.

• HadIt.com Elder

This has happened to other folks on the board. I will contact another hadit vet and ask him to respond to your situation. I remember it became complex because he had the same concerns you did. They sent a decision for another vet in the same envelop as mine.

Hoppy

100% for Angioedema with secondary conditions.

Quick question..

I have a Reopen claim(Request for Reconsideration) in progress, and it is very slow. I tend to get 3 diff. versions of status update(1-800, IRIS, and VARO drop in). I don't want to interrupt where my c-file is @the present time.

If my claim gets denied, I would like to request a copy of my c-file for review. Can someone tell me how long will it take to aquire the copy?

Thanks!

From Bob,

4th Inf. Div; Central Highland Campaign

years ago i had the same thing happen to me . i got someones info in the mail from dept vet affairs in a large white envelope. i put it in the mailbox at the post office and said return to sender. crap like that makes you wonder.

Edited by scooby

While I was reviewing the copy of my C-File the VA sent me, I discovered that documents belonging to another veteran named "xxxx x. xxxxxxx" along with his Social Security Number xxx-xx-xxxx were mixed in with my documents. My documents and Mr. xxxxxxx's are both from the same regional office. I called the VA's 1-800 number and the counselor told me to send them back to the VA and not shred them.

Naturally, I am concerned that Mr. xxxxxxx's documents may have influenced the VA's actions/decisions on my claims. I am also concerned that the VA employees tasked with assisting to develop or rate my claims are not reviewing my C-file as thoroughly as they should in looking for evidence that supports my claims, otherwise they would have also found Mr. xxxxxxx's documents and removed them.

Everyone should get a copy of their C-file and review it to make sure it isn't contaminated with someone else's documents.

If you want all hell to break loose, report it as a Privacy Act Violation :)

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy V

If you want all hell to break loose, report it as a Privacy Act Violation B)

I was informed today by my VSO that the VA is treating this other veteran's records in my file as a Privacy Act Violation, however, the R.O. doesn't know what to do about it so their sending it to the BVA for some sort of a legal determination, ( which probably means more delays in deciding my claims ). The other veteran I was told is deceased. So just how does a dead veteran's medical records find their way into my C-file? His name is quite different than mine. :o