VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

High Anxiety C & P

Rate this question

nlualum82

Question

Just got back from Vancouver where I had about a 3 minute C & P with a doc who seemed a bit condescending and rude.

He asked me about my tinnitus. I thought he had the wrong notes - explained that I was there about chronic otitis and had a tinnitus C & P coming Mon. in Portland

He persisted, I believe he said he could not rule on otitis because I didn't have it IN the servoce, told him it was filed as a secondary condition from my hearing aids.

I hope the feeling he gave me was wrong - I miss alot in conversation and don't read people well, but I feel like when a C & P goes that fast, he probably had his mind made up before he ever saw me.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Is the hearing loss in your claim?

If not-do you have a service occupation that could support service connect of it? like MOS artillery or helicopter pilot?

Something seems wrong here- I think the separate C & P you are expecting would be for the PTSD and not the tinnitus-

If so here is the PTSD C & P exam worksheet so you know what to expect-

http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Benefits/exams/disexm56.htm

Thanks for the exam worksheet, it's interesting and may help with my all-around anxiety.

I have been SC for hearing loss since right after my release in '78. It was well noted on Ft. Lewis in '77 and has grown to 50% over the years.

I was a grunt - 11B1P

Went to jump school and the 2nd 75th Ranger Bn., fired a lot of stuff rode a lot of planes and 'copters.

I got letters for 4 separate C & P's, each stating specifically what they were for :

the 15th ENT for chronic otitis

the 19th Audio. for tinnitus

the 26th Ortho for my left knee

the 26th Psych. for PTSD

Am looking through records for more evidence, hampered by the quality of both the copies and the handwriting. I found a May '78 report from a VAMC noting "...he also has ringing bilaterally..." and even more useful, a medical record from the same VAMC dealing with my having left external otitis in '85.