VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Thought We Were Going To Receive A Onetime-$250.00?(stimulus?)

Rate this question

bob_abad

Question

I thought I read in the board more than a month ago that we were supposed to receive a one time amount of $250.00 as a reward or part of Obama's stimulus? Or was it a dream or hallucination?

Would be a nice sum to treat the wife for a decent dinner and a little shopping $$ for her....

Let me know..Thanks!

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I don't feel discriminated against if someone, anyone is going to give me money. Since I don't actually work and pay taxes, I don't feel slighted in the least.

i'm gonna get 9 bucks a week..i feel stimulated...not discriminated..

that my friends is the start of my rap career..just call me DWB....aka dirty white boy..

i forgot to say...."woop woop"

Edited by simple fly

If vets that work full time but get VA disability payments are going to see a reduction in payroll taxes from their check AND get the $250 directly from VA it seems like those Vets would get more than anyone else. The "$400" in reduced taxes AND the $250 check.

Unless I have this wrong........

Do you have to be a 100% AND unemployed vet to get this? There are 100% schedular vets that can and do work (I've been told, I don't know any myself), so what about them?

I agree that free money is free money no matter what. Unfortunately there really is no such thing as free money since "we", the taxpayers as a whole have to someday cover the cost of it.

Either way, if ALL vets are getting it, great. If some vets are getting the check and some aren't than that to me is discrimination.

If vets that work full time but get VA disability payments are going to see a reduction in payroll taxes from their check AND get the $250 directly from VA it seems like those Vets would get more than anyone else. The "$400" in reduced taxes AND the $250 check.

Unless I have this wrong........

Do you have to be a 100% AND unemployed vet to get this? There are 100% schedular vets that can and do work (I've been told, I don't know any myself), so what about them?

I agree that free money is free money no matter what. Unfortunately there really is no such thing as free money since "we", the taxpayers as a whole have to someday cover the cost of it.

Either way, if ALL vets are getting it, great. If some vets are getting the check and some aren't than that to me is discrimination.

Well, I went to the horse's mouth (IRS) on this one. Wait, maybe it is the other end of the animal. Anyway, the $400 credit is called the "Making work pay" credit. It can only be claimed by those with earned incomes. 6% of earned income up to $400 for individuals. Those receieving the $250 for SS, SSD, SSI and VA etc who also work will have their credit reduced by $250 when they file in 2010. At least vets on disability who also work won't loose anything.

Dave

Well, I went to the horse's mouth (IRS) on this one. Wait, maybe it is the other end of the animal. Anyway, the $400 credit is called the "Making work pay" credit. It can only be claimed by those with earned incomes. 6% of earned income up to $400 for individuals. Those receieving the $250 for SS, SSD, SSI and VA etc who also work will have their credit reduced by $250 when they file in 2010. At least vets on disability who also work won't loose anything.

Dave

Thanks Dave.

Personally I'd rather they keep the $250 now and not make it even more confusing for me when I do my taxes.

I hate to make a joke, but as a firefighter I have to think that the Sprint ad where they have a room full of firefighters and the guy is saying things like "guys, we want clean water? Done. Guys we want to balance the budget? Done. I thought this job was hard?"

I mean, can it be THAT hard to write a law? Whatever happened to the K.I.S.S. principle?

Thanks Dave.

Personally I'd rather they keep the $250 now and not make it even more confusing for me when I do my taxes.

I hate to make a joke, but as a firefighter I have to think that the Sprint ad where they have a room full of firefighters and the guy is saying things like "guys, we want clean water? Done. Guys we want to balance the budget? Done. I thought this job was hard?"

I mean, can it be THAT hard to write a law? Whatever happened to the K.I.S.S. principle?

Why would you think they can write since they all admitted that they don't read what they vote on either. I'm going to take the money and run :lol: