Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome/chronic Cervical Radiculopathy

Rate this question

qrdgv2tebc

Question

HI to All

Iposted about a week ago , but i must have done something wrong because my post did not show up

ihave S/C for CTS since 2005 10% i put in a claim for chronic radiculopathy anf chronic pain syndrome, both were s/c, but they lump all three togeather, CTS/chronic radiculopathy/chronic pain syndrome, but no increase it is still at 10% bi-lateral, is ther sometihing wrong with this. maybe i am wrong, but should they be an increase since they s/c/ radiculopathy and chronic pain syndrome.

I was also granted S/C for Hiatal hernia anf GERD disease 10% after years of putting in my claim.

DJD of the Lumbar spine went from 20% to 40% and DJD of the cervical spine went from 20% to 30%

I am S/C for cervicogenic headeach as secondary to DJD of the cervical spine since 2004, and now it has increased to 30% since 2008. my right shoulder has gone up to 30% from 20%.

This one i find strange, they S/Cme for Chrinic lumbar radiculopathy, RIGHT with Chronic pain syndrome/chronic lumbar radicilopathy LEFT with chronic pain syndrome 10% bi-lateral

What is lumbar RIGHT and lumbar LEFT. from what i understand chronic pain syndrome has it's own code and radiculopathy has it's own code.

In September of 2008 i lost the sight in my right eye , i had three operations, bbut still i can't seeout of my right eye everything is in shadow, i cant tell flat surface from steps,anything on my right side is a complete blank, if i sign my name i have to turn to the right to see withmy left eye, i also dont have a lens because it was destroyed on my first operation from blood, they could not stop the bleeding in my for four hours, it was to be a four hour operation, but it lasted ten hours. In Octotber i received a call from the VA , telling me that they are going to but me in for A%A because of lost of sight in my right eye, because now my wife has tobe with me where ever i go, i can't drive, it's hard for me to write or as i am now useng the computer. well A%A was denied because my eye is not S/C i am not bedridden and i still have sight in my ledft eye. when they told me they wanted to put me in for A%A,i told them no because i don't want to go through the stress. but still they put me in for it. Sorry this is so long.

If anyone on board cant help with the questions i would appreaciate it,

Sorry for the wrong spelling on words.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have suffered with cervicogenic headaches for almost 20 years. How do they determine what is prostrating attack. Several times a week i have to just lay down with a hot compress on my neck. Is that prostrating? I have to stop whatever i'm doing and try to treat this thing. No aura with CH but very light sensitive. No nausea or vomitting but do get a burning in the temples sometimes so bad you can actually hear what sounds like bacon frying

hi

my CTS is bilateral 10% right and 10% left, results from my last EMG/NCV testing shows bilateral c5 radiculopathies chronic left worse than the right, bilateral l5 radiculopathies, chronic, CTS chronic, sensorimotor.

i was S/C for chronic lumbar radiculopathy/chronic neuropathic pain syndrone, RIGHT.---10%, effected date 4/April/2005

I was S/C for chronic lumbar radiculopathy,/chronic neuropathic pain syndrome. LEFT.---10%, effected 4/April/2005.

It seem they lumped the lumbar radiculopathy and chronic pain syndrome togeather Left/right. with 10% for each.

someone said that radiculopathy, chronic should be rated seperately.

they also lumped my CTS, which i have been S/C for since 2005 10% bilateral,with cervical radiculopathy and chronic pain syndrome, LEFT/RIGHT but no increase, it is still at 10% bilateral, should i have received an increase ?

AS far as my cervicogenic headaches i was S/C 10% effected date September 22, 2004 and was increased to 30% effecterd date July/8/2008.

What i did with my headaches is i kept a log of every time i had a headache, what time where i was, and the date, the headaches i was getting would throw me to the ground, i would vomit, pass out, i wrote all of this in my log, i put in for an increase in 2008 and i sent on the VA a copy of my headache log, i received my increase in march 2009 30%. I also can not turn my head to the left or right.i have to turn my whole body around to see what behind me, if i make a sudden turn i wouod pass out.

i hope this helps.

The log book is a great idea. Thanks, I will start mine today. I don't believe they are rating you correctly for the CTS. It should be under diagnostic code: 8515 and the Radicular should be 8510 or 8513 and I don't see any 10% rating for radicular. They are all 20% for mild. So even if they say they are combining it, you should be at the very least 20% each for left and right. NOD and appeal until they get it right!