Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Temporary 100%

Rate this question

Fletch

Question

I was told by the VA to not submit for temporary 100% until after surgery. I just did that a week ago. The question I have is how long do I get temporary 100% with a disc removal at the L4,L5 level and how long does it take to start receiving it? Another issue with this is that my back condition has not been linked as SC'd yet. That was submitted too last week. I have sacroiliac dysfunction and this caused my left leg to shorten by 1 and 1/4 inches. This is SC'd at 30%. (Which i feel is low) this condition caused my disc to rupture and it needed removed and the 2 vertebra above and below were reshaped to allow the nerves to pass unpinched. The surgery doesen't seem to be 100% succesful. I still have radiating pain down both legs and numbness in both feet along with spasms in the legs not to mention a burning sensation in my lower back during certian movements.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I hope you realise that we are volunteers here -none of us are here 24/7

I think you received some very helpful knowledge -already-

your condition has to be found as secondary to your SC condition or you have to establish a service nexus (link) to it.

You said 'that too was submitted next week'

did you mean the claim for SC of the back problems?

"Another issue with this is that my back condition has not been linked as SC'd yet. That was submitted too last week"

The prime focus you need to have is to get SC for the back condition.Or get it secondary to your 50%- which I forget what that is for-

Edited by Berta

I know that you are not here 24/7. In no way shape or form did I suggest that. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I asked for YOU Berta because I value your opinion greatly on this site. You should have felt good because people seek your valuable opinion.

This VA business is driving me crazy! I was attempting to gather as much information as I can to continue to fight my case. I'm going broke and defaulting on bills because of the VA's slowness. *sigh*