VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I Do A De Novo?

Rate this question

Sean

Question

I just received this letter from the VA stating they got my NOD. They want me to fill out some form to do a de novo by the DRO. I just wanted them to review the evidence I gave them. What should I do? Will it just be a records review, or do I get a new physical as well? Yipes, and I thought this would be easy!!!

Sean

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Sean

The DRO will review old and new evidence if you have new evidence. Ask for a personal hearing with the DRO. Bring your spouse with you to make a statement as to how your disability affects you. The DRO can ask for a new C&P but I don't think they do this except in exceptional circomstances.

• HadIt.com Elder

Sean, I advise you to go to the hearing and do like John advises take your wife, so she can explain how this issue affects your life, plus it usually goes easier if you have a live witness with you. You stand a better chance of getting it approved with the face to face meeting, than just letting them look at paperwork, half the time they ignore the paperwork they want to, in my case they just found "new" evidence showing I had a stroke within a year of discharge from Desert Storm, I gave them the evidence over three years ago, they found it after they got caught lying to Senator Craig about my use as a human test subject. Assembly street has a problem with reading and comprehension.