Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I also tried the link and my virus program flagged it as a supicious download. If you downloaded this attachment, you may want to run your virus scan just to be safe. I'm not saying it is a bad sight, just that it showed up for me as supicious.

I too would like to know if this problem exists and who might be affected by it.

Rockhound Rider :unsure:

<H1 class=head _extended="true" itxtvisited="1">FBI Probes Hacker's $10 Million Ransom Demand for Stolen Virginia Medical Records</H1>Wednesday, May 06, 2009 foxnews_story.gif

• Print
  • ShareThis
    7_62_050609_hacker.jpg AP Illustration

#story .gallery_container p.caption{display:none !important;} #story .gallery_container p.strut{color:#000;}

• 7_42_050609_hacker.jpg
    • 5_41_va_med_hack.jpg

The FBI is investigating a $10 million ransom demand by a hacker or hackers who say they have stolen nearly 8.3 million patient records from a Virginia government Web site that tracks prescription drug abuse, an FBI official confirmed Wednesday.

The state police in Virginia are also investigating the possible breach of confidential records.

The FBI official said the Virginia Information Technologies Agency (VITA) referred the case to the FBI last week, asking for help.

Asked whether people's personal information is secure, the official said he couldn't say.

"I really can't make a declarative statement as to whether anyone's information is in jeopardy at this point," the official said.

Asked whether people have been notified that their information may have been breached, the official said it would be up to VITA to do that.

• Click here to visit FOXNews.com's Cybersecurity Center.

I believe he's referring to this story:

http://current.com/items/90025575_fbi-prob...cal-records.htm

All you have to do to find the story and read more about it is google: " FBI probes $10M ransom demand VA ".

Hope I was able to help. He maybe talking about a different story, but I believe this isn't a story about the VA, its a story about Virginia. Same timeframe, it'd be a pretty big coincidence if not.

----EDIT---

Sorry skunk, apparently I was posting when you were replying.

Edited by livingrock21

sorry i may have jumped the gun as it is not veteran related i do not think,however it was a government site and people in virginia should be concerned .