Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris Responce, Don't Know What To Make Of It.

Rate this question

Rockhound

Question

Recently I sent an inquiry via "IRIS" some what complaining about the number of Notice Letters saying how sorry they were for the delay. I asked how many more of these letters can I expect? Their reply was that they did not know or could tell.

However they did make one comment that I do not know what to make of it and thought someone might have had a similiar thing happen to them. This is what they told me:

"Your claim was returned to the rating board on April 27, 2009."

What would be some of the reasons, that it was returned to the rating board? When last I heard, it was in the decision faze of the process.

Rockhound Rider :D :unsure:

Are you a paranoid schizophrenic

if the ones you think are out to

get you, really are?

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Bump: I want to keep this in the for front, hoping for input.

Recently I sent an inquiry via "IRIS" some what complaining about the number of Notice Letters saying how sorry they were for the delay. I asked how many more of these letters can I expect? Their reply was that they did not know or could tell.

However they did make one comment that I do not know what to make of it and thought someone might have had a similiar thing happen to them. This is what they told me:

What would be some of the reasons, that it was returned to the rating board? When last I heard, it was in the decision faze of the process.

Rockhound Rider :D :unsure:

get you, really are?

• HadIt.com Elder

Rockhound Rider B) :huh:

The "rating board" is the final phase of adjudication, the rendering of a rating Decision. ~Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

I'm still a bit confused on this issue. When you say they are rendering a rating decision, do you mean it has been approved and they are rating the percentage of the disability award? or is it just when they type up the final draft of the decision to then be sent out?

Where was the claim at, that it then had to be returned to the rating board?

Rockhound Rider :unsure: :D

The "rating board" is the final phase of adjudication, the rendering of a rating Decision. ~Wings

get you, really are?

Here is the bottom line:

Since the VA pays no interest to the Veteran on his retro, the longer they can delay the claim, the more interest on your money they collect, so they delay claims as long as possible.

This will continue until Vets get mad enough and write to their congressmen and get interest on their money, just like everyone else does.

If you dont pay your bills on time, you have to pay interest and penalties. The VA doesnt. So, is it suprising that they take full advantage of that? Not really.

NO INterest on Retros = Delay as long as possible

Interest on REtros = Hurry up claim to minimize interest paid

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder
I'm still a bit confused on this issue. When you say they are rendering a rating decision, do you mean it has been approved and they are rating the percentage of the disability award? or is it just when they type up the final draft of the decision to then be sent out?

Where was the claim at, that it then had to be returned to the rating board?

Rockhound Rider :unsure: B)

Rating Board renders a final "decision", favorable or unfavorable, or both! ~Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

No, it doesn't necessarily mean that your claim was granted (approved).

Why it left the rater's desk in the first place could be due to several things. It could have been that your evidence indicated something that wasn't in the claims file. It could have been that your file was sent back out to a doctor for a better explanation; or for him/her to expound on an earlier exam. There are several different reasons why it could leave and have to be returned but it doesn't mean, most of the time, that it is a full grant of benefits sought.

Hopefully, in your case, it does mean the claim was granted. Best regards.

Edited by luvHIM