Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Non-combat Related Ptsd Claims

Rate this question

militarynurse

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't think it's that much of a long shot but you do need, as pete53 says, some reports of the original and subsequent accident. Newspaper articles, police reports, witness statements, whatever. jmo

pr

the only thing i have is the 2 timesthat it shows up in my smr's that show the treatment for car accident .. show i know i have the smr with me getting treatment twice for my car acciednent ... and i have the dx of a curent non combat ptsd from a recent 5 year ago accidnet .. so is a long shot? i know i have to connect the two as the va will not... i have in service stressor current diagnoses of non combat ptsd ..is a long shot by saying my ptsd started in service but i never talked about it till my last acciednt ..

I don't think it's that much of a long shot but you do need, as pete53 says, some reports of the original and subsequent accident. Newspaper articles, police reports, witness statements, whatever. jmo

pr

wow it happen about 20 miles off base in civilain territory..this was in 1994 in gergia hunersville how would i find a report...

wow it happen about 20 miles off base in civilain territory..this was in 1994 in gergia hunersville how would i find a report...

do i need all this since it in my smr's twice about my car acciendent..are you trying to say i have to prove that it did happen and that i was not just going to sick call twice for fake reason?

• HadIt.com Elder

You would contact the local police about it. They usually have accident reports. Since it's in your smr's the date of the accident should be known to you, which should make getting evidence easy. Newspaper stories of the accident should in their archives. I just see the VA wanting proof of the accident, other than some info in your smr's. Did you sustain any serious injuries, in the accident? jmo

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey, this is your claim. Just warning you as to what to expect from the VA. They assume we lie about everything. It'll just make it easier to win, if you have that evidence. jmo

pr

do i need all this since it in my smr's twice about my car acciendent..are you trying to say i have to prove that it did happen and that i was not just going to sick call twice for fake reason?

Hey, this is your claim. Just warning you as to what to expect from the VA. They assume we lie about everything. It'll just make it easier to win, if you have that evidence. jmo

pr

hurt my back which i am now 40% for...wow i guess i have a lot of leg work to do