Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ilotibial Band Syndrome.

Rate this question

sawgunner

Question

Can I file on this condition in my hip?

I have a claim on my left hip as it is off set and has caused me alot of problems. I also have DDD in my lower back that is related to the probs in my hip. I first noticed pain in my back after a twisting injury to my hip.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

If it is a condition in the opposite hip from the one you filed a claim on, then yes. If this condition is on the same side that you have already filed a claim on, then no. That would mean they have to rate multiple conditions in the same anatomic region, and they call that "pyramiding" in 38 CFR 4.

90%, TDIU P&T

sawgunner,

Welcome to Hadit.

What will or has your doctor put in writing,to support a claim for you ?

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Hi Carlie.

My Doc/Orthopedic NP has written an opinion that the event I suffered in basic/at that caused my hip to pop and become very difficult to walk on was caused by DDD as opposed to hip bursitus as the Army doc stated.

He also diagnosed me with ilotibial ban syndrome.

This was likely the cause of the poping I heard then and have heard over the years sence... I have had probs in my hip for years now and chrinoc pain in both my hip and back. I am in psyical therapy right now and on anti-inflammatory meds but I have been down that road before and have Army medical records to prove it.

In extreme cases surgery my be required and I tend to think it may ahve to happen on my hip, as I have have trouble now sence 1998.

Thanks guys....

I have been denied and I really need all the help I can get in fighting the VA. I was not able to provide my military medical records or an opinion letter the first time. I have that now and I feel that I"m in better shape but I still need all the advice I can get.