Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Berta

Rate this question

gdsnide

Question

Berta,

My Wife is going to have the bathroom remodled after she get out of this rehab place.

Any help from the VA there?

Sincerly,

Gary

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I'm not Berta...but in your previous post I'm guessing you mean ChampVA. I don't know who pays first between Medicare & ChampVA.

Now, as far as the bathroom goes? You say that your wife broke her arm, I don't mean for this to sound insensitive, but why does the bathroom need to be adapted for a broken arm?

Just curious.

• HadIt.com Elder

Gary A 199% veteran you can apply for a grnt of 4100 to help0 fix a BATHROOM FOR YOU. yOU CAN ALSO LOOK INTO vOC rEHAB WHO CAN HELP REMODEL A BATHROOM AT THEIR COST BUT IT IS NOT EASY.

I'm not Berta...but in your previous post I'm guessing you mean ChampVA. I don't know who pays first between Medicare & ChampVA.

Now, as far as the bathroom goes? You say that your wife broke her arm, I don't mean for this to sound insensitive, but why does the bathroom need to be adapted for a broken arm?

Just curious.

Purple, A reasonable question. OK Here goes & if U have any questions please respond

She is on SMC because of HEP C,periphal neurophy {Where the nerves on the front of both legs hurt constantly,sha als o has Cirossis of the Liver form the Hep C,she has diabetis, cryroglobonemia (A disease of the bone marrow & some others I have forgot}

She is unable to lift her leg high enough to get in a bathtub,she has broke her legs & her nose because of all of this.

She is almost unable to walk she is so shaky on her feet & has to use a cane or walker or at worst a wheel chair.

This is why the Hospital sent her to the rehab place.

Takes a lot of pills to help with the {She goes to a pain clinic) pain which she says "Just takes the edge off & that's all"

GARY

Gary A 199% veteran you can apply for a grnt of 4100 to help0 fix a BATHROOM FOR YOU. yOU CAN ALSO LOOK INTO vOC rEHAB WHO CAN HELP REMODEL A BATHROOM AT THEIR COST BUT IT IS NOT EASY.

Now will this grant cover my wife or just me since I am the veteran? And how do you get the information to apply for this grant. Thanks