• donate-be-a-hero.png

Soc Denial

Rate this question

grent

Question

just got my soc and its denied i have some options

i guess i can hire i lawyer

but i can go to the bva

or get another dro hearing except this time its with a traveling judge not a dro

could some of my fellow vets please suggest a good plan to follow

how many more appeals do i have left

one of my main issues the military lost my records for over 27 c years the nprc found them over 50 pages of lost medical records the varo keeps refusing to retro me under 38 cfr 3.156

new and remarkable evidence all the va granted me when the records were found was they moved me off iu on to schedular 100 percent

if some of my fellow vets could point me in the right direction bva hearing form 9 travel hearing amc???????????

some one told form 9 must be filed in 60 days what about nod

do i just file form 9 and request bva hearing or traveling hearing or nod????

maybe get a lawyer

really lost hear

another vet told me retro payment that large is always disapproved by any varo and won at bva with a lawyer

i dont know what to do im really confused

thanks for your help and time i appreciate it

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Sorry that this is so difficult it should not be that way for any of us.

Do I understand that you have 100 P&T and this is an appeal for other rating. If so I would fill out the form 9 and appeal the decision and get a lawyer.

Personally, I recommend a lawyer for your Social Security appeal, but probably not for VA, unless your claim is particulary long and complex and you have already tried and failed.

Reasons:

Soc. Sec. and VA have some similarities. You can use some things you learn from your Soc. Sec. lawyer to help you win your VA case. It has been my experience that if you appeal both now, your SS will be decided way before your VA..and if you win SS, you can even use that as evidence to help you win your VA!

You see, SS is processed faster than VA, because, frankly, politicians shaft Veterans because they can. Politicians pretty much always promise Veterans faster claim service, and then when they get elected fail to deliver. They cant shaft SS because it is headed up by an extremely powerfull and organized AARP lobby who will DESTROY any politician who even thinks of reducing social security.

Politicians, however, know they can get away with empty promises to Veterans...all they have to do is look at the history of failed promises to Veterans.

Politicians get away with shafting Veterans by pitting one generation of Vets against another. United we stand, divided we fall. By giving benefits to one generation, such as the "priority status" new Vets get over Vietnam Vets, they divide us, and we are so busy quabbling about that, the politicians know they can shaft all of us. This does not happen at Soc. Sec with AARP.

Edited by broncovet