Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Said This All Along

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

The VA OIG now says that Pittsburg RO employees delay Veterans claims to get bonus money.

Are we supposed to believe that this does not happen in other Regional Offices?

You can bet the VA will do one of two things:

1. Say this is an "isolated incident" and that corrective action has been taken. Or

2. Remain silent on the issue, covering it up all together and not responding to it at all.

The story is here:

watchdog: VA delays claims for bonuses

My claim took 7 years and I lost my home during that time. I wonder how much of a bonus VA employees got by causing me to loose my home?

Edited by broncovet

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The VA OIG now says that Pittsburg RO employees delay Veterans claims to get bonus money.

Are we supposed to believe that this does not happen in other Regional Offices?

You can bet the VA will do one of two things:

1. Say this is an "isolated incident" and that corrective action has been taken. Or

2. Remain silent on the issue, covering it up all together and not responding to it at all.

The story is here:

watchdog: VA delays claims for bonuses

My claim took 7 years and I lost my home during that time. I wonder how much of a bonus VA employees got by causing me to loose my home?

Thought the reason why a new Secretary of Veterans Affairs (Mr. Shinseki) was nominated into place was to see that the process of filing claims would be easier. Guess that is not true! :D

• HadIt.com Elder

Something has happened if we just review Hadit and wonder why so many claims are being grnted and at time of year in past hardly anyone won. In my time most claims were granted in Fall when the VA started on a new budget.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

"An anonymous tip that regional office managers ordered employees to delay the processing of claims led to the inspector general's investigation. Investigators said they could not substantiate the tip, although the report said five of seven employees told inspectors in interviews that they were operating under the belief that managers ordered the delays."

They couldn't substantiate it, with five of seven employees confirming it?

I'm not clear on the OIG's role in things. I know they are an investigative unit for the agency. But do they generally investigate and then try to paint a semi-rosy picture to "outsiders?'

Think Outside the Box!

• HadIt.com Elder

Their usual role is to cover it up. And than the VA Standard we are going to study it and fix it later cause the Veterans deserve that with a large smirk on their face. If you delay people forget.

Edited by Pete53
Typo

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

If they cover it up to the outside - do they at least do anything internally to deal with it? Maybe not fix it - but at least put some pressure on?

If not, what good does it do to have the agency? Or is it just a pretend agency?

Free

Their usual role is to cover it up. And than the VA Standard we are going to study it and fix it later cause the Veterans deserve that with a large smirk on their face. If you delay people forget.
Think Outside the Box!

Apparently, last year the VA paid Veterans about $40 billion in benefits. Their budget was about $100billion. That means that only 40cents on the dollar of the VA's budget actually goes to the Veteran. The rest goes to administrative costs.

If the VA were a non profit 401 C and only paid out 40cents on the dollar to the people they were supposed to benefit, that would raise a big red flag and they would be audited...probably way too much going out on executive salaries, employee bonuses for shafting Veterans, lavish parties, etc. So, how does the VA get away with this while non profits would, at a minimum, be exposed and anger the people donating money to it. Is this not a gross waste of taxpayer funds?

The VA needs to stop wasting taxpayer money and "GET MORE TO THE VET"

This VA budget is supposed to be for the benefit of Veterans, and not to bonuses to employees for delaying Veterans claims. Why is this "confusing" to the VA?

Edited by broncovet