Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

T I Belive It Was

Rate this question

gdsnide

Question

T.....I have to say what the VA is doing is far from dumb.

As I have stated on here before ....I read some where that only about 8% of Vets ever file a NOD so the VA is coming out way on the high side.

Also, if one doesn't know of a site like this one, they have no idea what the ultimate goal of the VA is & my opinion ( Not very smart but I can have an Opinion HA) is that the VA does all this to frustrate the VET & they will just give up or miss a due date of which the VA has none.

Or maybe just maybe the Vet will die & no one will have any idea they could still pursue the case.

The best thing the US (VA) could do is stop being in so damn many wars & then there wouldn't be so many Vets messed up by the incompetance that runs amuck in the VA/& or military.

I also read the Military was using Agent Orange at 600 times it's stated amount to get the result they desired

As all of these stupid things that are done come to light I would say the majority of Veterans are not even aware they are eligible for an award or figure it was so ong ago it wouldn't do any good any way to apply.

What the VA ought to do is send a shredder to each Vet that applies & tell him/her to put their claim in there & that is the new way claims are being handled. HA

Also, I believe these Raters figure they have a GS Rating so they are not worried about being fired & the person who runs these RO's don't want to lose their job by approving to many claims.

Thank U for reading my thoughts

GARY</SPAN>

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have never understood why the VA would want to limit benefits. The more Veterans who benefit the safer their jobs are.

I think the VA limits benefits because they cant possibly pay all the claims applied for..they just dont have the money. If 100 Vets apply, and they have enough money for only 10, then they approve 5, delay 60, deny 35, knowing that of the 35 denied, only 8%, or about 3 Veterans, will appeal. They dont have to worry about the 60 they delay until next years budget, and then they keep doing that over and over again.

Insurance companies do the same thing. If every one of their policy holders had a claim, they know they would go broke. But, they know that only a certain percentage will ever file a claim.

Edited by broncovet