Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received Records I Didn't Ask For

Rate this question

purple

Question

This is an odd twist. Normally we can't get the VA to give us our records....well today in the mail I received a large packet of my mental health records. OK. But I never asked for them. I already have them. They are from Sep 08-Feb 09. Not even current.

Wow.

The cover letter is dated 5/29/09. Very, very strange.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

As long as they are your records, I would not worry about it. In all likeliness, your records were either

a) requested by you, and you forgot about it,

or ;) requested by a VSO or others, (such as Champva when you had issues with them not paying your bills) You may have even signed something requesting them, and did not recall it..

In either case, it would appear to be not something to worry about, just keep the extra copy for yourself and forget it. JMHO

Yeah, just found it very odd.

Oh, I don't work with VSOs.....c'mon Bronco, you know me better than that! LOL!!

I've always gotten all of my records that I asked for there at the ROI office (with the exception of some cardio records from the Cincy VA--which I doubt I'll ever see....grrrrr)

Just more typical screw-ups from the Dayton VA....

We've had duplicate records returned to us without requesting anything, so that might be the case here.

Kinda bittersweet cause you're happy the VA hasn't forgot about you and on the other hand you wish that big brown envelope was your grant. I received a brown envelope last week and didn't open it up until I got on the shitter. It turned out to be just some duplicate evidence I had turned in. I new if it was my grant I would have to take a crap immediately....LOL

Frank

This is an odd twist. Normally we can't get the VA to give us our records....well today in the mail I received a large packet of my mental health records. OK. But I never asked for them. I already have them. They are from Sep 08-Feb 09. Not even current.

Wow.

The cover letter is dated 5/29/09. Very, very strange.

Edited by CRYPTOTECH