Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Double Deduction - ?

Rate this question

Kevin_Corona

Question

Got a ding on my disability for an old school loan, 275.00 they took out 50.00 a month until it was paid, my disability went back to normal for one month now they are doing it again..can't they keep good records? Also the 250 stimulus when do we get it? I here the 4th . the 10th the 15th .. I guess same ol same ol hurry up and wait and lets loose your paperwork B) Also I need to file a claim for my Knee LOD I need assistance any ideas.. who is the best Counslor in Riverside. I am on the verge of contacting the Cogressman, does it do any good?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit. If all you get is VA disability you are supposed to get the 250 in June.

Please tell us a little more and I am sure that you will get some help.

Kevin_Corona, I can't help you with your knee but I can give you some advise. Don't contact a congressman as this will most likely cause an investigation by him and it will slow down your claim. I found this out from experience. It took me 4 years to get my frist claim approved simply because I got a congressman involved. You can get the help you need here. Hope this helps and have a good day.

can't they keep good records?

No. Well they CAN, but they don't always.

My son was on SSI - and they took $50 a month from him because they said he was overpaid, based on my ESTIMATED income. I took in proof of income, but they said that the estimate had already been verified.

Did you verify my income? Because here are my paystubs?

No. We verified the ESTIMATE.

????

Estimates are.... well, they are estimates. How do you VERIFY an estimate? I guess you look at it and say "Yup. That looks about right."

Anyway - I finally convinced them that my proof (actual paystubs) overruled their "proof" (a "verified" estimate).

So they sent my son a check to repay him for all the money he had taken from him.

The next month - Guess what. A letter telling him he had been "overpaid" for the exact same amount.

I guess whomever paid us didn't change one of the records..

Back then - I just quit fighting it. I figured they would keep it up until they got whatever money they wanted.

But now I fight for us. (Of course, now with the internet it is easier - I used to have to go to the library and read law books.)

Free