Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Weird C&p

Rate this question

david walker

Question

I filled a claim for Tendonitis (right elbow & shoulder pain) & Post Traumatic Arthritis (wrist), all caused from a vehicle accident while in service. I realize now that may have not been the best wording I could use. I had a really nice doc but he didn't measure any ROM, no x-rays, nothing. He asked me how the injuries happened and spent most of the 30 minutes talking about my medication and how to deal with pain and the evils of smoking. The only exam he did was to hold my arm and ask where the pain was. He said quote "you have some nerve and some muscle damage". He said he would write his report stating my injuries were caused by the accident, but he had no control over the percentage. If he used a check sheet I couldn't tell it.

I had filed a claim for Cervical Radiculopathy (left and right arm) prior but was determined not to be SC. Which is a big crock. How can they say I have 2 herniated disks SC and deny the CR.

Does anyone have any idea what part of the 38 CFR the board might use. I sent for the C&P but got a letter saying it had not been completed (its been over a month). I'm just a man of little patience and trying to guess what they will do.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

never never try and guess what a VARO will do, you will be disappointed just get the mindset they are going to stamp denied all over your claim and prepare for the appeals, you will be better off.

These posts make you look like ME!

I can never read a rater, either, and the minutes go by like weeks until I know something.

I thought the guy that did my knee C & P would torpedoe me, but his write-up looked stellar and I got 2 10% ratings (injury and degenerative osteoarthritis)

The hearing lady came on sweet as sugar, then cold as ice when the exam was over. She dumped on my tinnitus claim, but I got an increase from the VARO based on the hearing test and a SC with retro on the tinnitus because some rater noted my 27 year (since active) tinnitus papertrail!

Didn't have a clue about the Psych, ended up 70% PTSD/MDD on my only try.

The only thing I could do was request my records immediately after each appointment. They eventually each arrived and I had something to look at, nothing conclusive, but some clues. It felt good to know SOMETHING!

You never know with VA, all you can do is request copies and save everything - then log on to this site!

Gary

90%:

70% PTSD/MDD

50% hearing loss

10% tinnitus

10% L knee injury

10% L knee degenerative osteoarthritis

These posts make you look like ME!

I can never read a rater, either, and the minutes go by like weeks until I know something.

I thought the guy that did my knee C & P would torpedoe me, but his write-up looked stellar and I got 2 10% ratings (injury and degenerative osteoarthritis)

The hearing lady came on sweet as sugar, then cold as ice when the exam was over. She dumped on my tinnitus claim, but I got an increase from the VARO based on the hearing test and a SC with retro on the tinnitus because some rater noted my 27 year (since active) tinnitus papertrail!

Didn't have a clue about the Psych, ended up 70% PTSD/MDD on my only try.

The only thing I could do was request my records immediately after each appointment. They eventually each arrived and I had something to look at, nothing conclusive, but some clues. It felt good to know SOMETHING!

You never know with VA, all you can do is request copies and save everything - then log on to this site!

Gary

90%:

70% PTSD/MDD

50% hearing loss

10% tinnitus

10% L knee injury

10% L knee degenerative osteoarthritis

nlualum82

Just curious what kind of injury did you have to your left knee? If I’m not being to nosey. I have 10% for my right knee for a meniscus scar (removed a piece) and also have arthritis but they did not rate me for it. Just submitted a NOD on it hoping to get them to give me another 10% for arthritis

• HadIt.com Elder

David,

It might not be that bad of an exam. He is saying that the nerve and mussle damage is caused by the accident. Which would require that he make an association as to the cause of the muscle and nerve damage to the radiculopathy. You know and anybody who has had a nerve injury that compressed discs cause radiculopathy. But consider that it can be caused by shoulder and elbow injuries. You need an EMG if you have not already had one. It will pinpoint the cause of the radiculopathy.

If you are service connected for disc herniation and the cause is shown to ne the disc injury then you got them. Without a EMG and claims for elbow and shoulder injuries your claim is getting confused.

Social Security requires that cervical disc radiculopathy be confirmed by an EMG. The test will test all points along the nerve root that can be causing the problem. If you already had an EMG confirming the disc as the cause then spell it out for adjudication in no uncertain terms. You could have gotten some under trained adjudicators who will not see the relevance of an EMG unless it is brought to their attention.