Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro/denovo Or Bva

Rate this question

Shark

Question

Just read a post that makes me question where I am at. I applied for TDIU and am SC 80% total with PTSD at 50% and the rest Agent Orange stuff. I was denied last October and filed a NOD. My first DAV VSO had me go DRO, then I got more evidence (a letter from my VA Psychologist) and another DAV VSO changed it to a traditional appeal. I still haven't received a SOC, and the Reno VARO told me that it can take up to a year to receive.

Should I leave it the way it is, or send in a form 9 and request DRO?

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

The only thing I can think of that would help you is if you can get an opinion from an independent medical doctor who can state with full medical rationale that in spite of your education and the other stuff that VA said, your SC disabilities nevertheless render you unemployable.

And they have to give full medical rational.

Does your past work history show any thing that would reflect that PTSD made it difficult for you to work?

Was it difficult for you to attain a degree due to SC?

Do you have anything such as personnel performance records that show your SCs caused you on the job problems or any documented need for accomodations- in school or on the job?

Does your PTSD make it difficult for you to deal with the public or cause any secondary problems such as agoraphobia or social anxiety?

These are the types of things that determine a medical rationale as to employability.

PS almost forgot- do the meds you take for SC have side affects that would hinder employability such as do not take and drive, or causes confusion, drowsiness, etc.Did those side affects impact on your Voc Rehab grades?

Only a IMO doc -maybe one who is also a vocational expert-would be willing to properly assess your employability potential better than VA will take the time to do.