VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Px (aafes) And Commissary Privileges

Settlement Reached With AAFES Week of May 17, 2010

The Federal District Court for the Northern District of California recently approved the settlement agreement in a class action lawsuit against the Army and Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES). The lawsuit concerned a complaint specific to AAFES offset tax refunds or other benefit payments to collect debts owed on uniform or merchandise purchases beyond the 10-year statute of limitations in effect at the time. Under the terms of the settlement agreement, the class members will be reimbursed the amount of the offsets taken beyond 10 years. Assuming no appeal a class administrator hired by the plaintiff could begin issuing settlement checks after 60 days.

From military.com

Edited by pacmanx1

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ACTUALLY THERE ARE TWO CARDS THAT CAN BE USED FOR CREDIT ON-LINE AND WELL AT ALL BASES... The Chase Military Rewards Star Card............ can be used any place military or civilian... then there is a Card that can only be used On-line or at Military bases this card is called the Military Star Card this card is GLODEN in color and has large stars on the front and has not expiration date on card...... wish folks would actually look and know the real facts

The Military star card is an actual credit card issued by a bank. It is like any other credit card. I know things happen but with the secure income from the military a person needs to pay their bills. If a person becomes disabled for any reason, the card has insurance ( Separate fee of course) to help.

Commissary and exchange privleges are currently a benefit for 100 percent Disabled Vets as well as active and retired military.

I dont see the criteria changing any time soon.

J

Settlement Reached With AAFES Week of May 17, 2010

The Federal District Court for the Northern District of California recently approved the settlement agreement in a class action lawsuit against the Army and Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES). The lawsuit concerned a complaint specific to AAFES offset tax refunds or other benefit payments to collect debts owed on uniform or merchandise purchases beyond the 10-year statute of limitations in effect at the time. Under the terms of the settlement agreement, the class members will be reimbursed the amount of the offsets taken beyond 10 years. Assuming no appeal a class administrator hired by the plaintiff could begin issuing settlement checks after 60 days.

From military.com

If you are part of this class action law suit, you should have received a letter several years ago. I think it was in 2008 and how much AAFES over collected. When I get a letter I will post it.

does anyone know who the class administrator is for the aafes lawsuit?

The class Counsel is

S. Chandler Visher

The Law Offices of S. Chandler Visher

44 Montgomery Street

San Francisco CA 94104

Hope that helps.