VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About My Appeal Decision

Rate this question

crlbrwr

Question

I received my award letter from DC granting PTSD 50% an increase from 30% with a retro date of Oct 05. During my appeal process I moved and changed VA reps. I told her all the info about my claim in DC. I was starting a new claim for migraines and Gerd and she suggested putting in a claim for my ptsd so I did. Is this new claim which was opened two months ago going to affect the retro date of my decision that I just received?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

?

Do you mean the BVA in DC awarded you the PTSD increase?

Have you gotten a formal VARO decision on their award yet?

Did the new rep mean to NOD the VARO award for higher PTSD rating?

The GERD and migraines will need a direct service nexus from your SMRs or a medical statement with full rationale that they are due to your SC PTSD.

If these conditions are potential side affects from your PTSD meds, that too should be raised in the claim.

With some retro coming-maybe you should consider an IMO from a real doctor that will connect the dots medically for VA.

It is highly unlikely a C & P doctor will do this.Possible- but unusual unless there is medical evidence enough in the med recs to show the specific connection in your case.

Do you mean the BVA in DC awarded you the PTSD increase? Yes

Have you gotten a formal VARO decision on their award yet? No

Did the new rep mean to NOD the VARO award for higher PTSD rating? NO

The GERD and migraines will need a direct service nexus from your SMRs or a medical statement with full rationale that they are due to your SC PTSD. Im Already Service connected for Gerd 10%

If these conditions are potential side affects from your PTSD meds, that too should be raised in the claim. Ive Had Migraines for a long time there should be evidence in my med records.

With some retro coming-maybe you should consider an IMO from a real doctor that will connect the dots medically for VA.

It is highly unlikely a C & P doctor will do this.Possible- but unusual unless there is medical evidence enough in the med recs to show the specific connection in your case.

Thanks fr the advice.

I received my award letter from DC granting PTSD 50% an increase from 30% with a retro date of Oct 05. During my appeal process I moved and changed VA reps. I told her all the info about my claim in DC.

I was starting a new claim for migraines and Gerd

Is the new claim for migraines and gerd the claim that was opened

(or submitted) two months ago ?

and she suggested putting in a claim for my ptsd so I did.

I do not understand what you are saying here - did she suggest you file a claim for increase for your PTSD and that resulted in the increase from 30 % to 50 % ?

Is this new claim which was opened two months ago going to affect the retro date of my decision that I just received?

The recently submitted claim is at VARO.

The decision you just received that granted an increase with an ED

of OCT. 2005 is from DC - I assume BVA.

It should not have any effect on the retro date that you just recieved.

Be sure VBA has your most updated address or direct deposit account number.

Congrats on the increase and the ED retro.

jmho,

carlie

Is the new claim for migraines and gerd the claim that was opened

(or submitted) two months ago ?

Yes. I am service connected for gerd at 10% and I am hoping to get that increased, the migraines claim is new I was unaware that the VA considered this for a rating.

I do not understand what you are saying here - did she suggest you file a claim for increase for your PTSD and that resulted in the increase from 30 % to 50 % ?

This was before I received the letter notifying me of my increase from the BVA. I am happy with my 50% rating but now have a pending C and P for PTSD and am not sure what to do. I just dont want it to affect my retro date.