Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

It's Official, Secondary Issues Taking Longer To Decide

Rate this question

Rockhound

Question

Ten months and counting. According to what I have been told by 1-800-827-1000 and IRIS. my claim for secondary issues has been sent someplace twice and returned to the rater and after having been told that a decision was scheduled for June, the claim was then taken over by the Tiger Team in Cleveland OH. It has been more than a month now since that time and about a month since the TT has a C&P exam done. My latest inquirey has nothing new to say other than that my claim has been in the process longer than it should have.

There is just no excuse for such a claim to take this amount of time without a decision, good or bad. If it takes only nine months for the main claim the secondary issues are based on, then why should secondary issues take longer, it just doesn't make any since or follow any logic that I can make of it.

Sorry guys for ragging on this, but I have to let of some steam somehow or I am liable to go down to my local VARO and rag on them and get myself into trouble and it wouldn't do any good because my claim is in OH with the TT. %$#*&@^ :)

Rockhound Rider :) :angry: :D

Are you a paranoid schizophrenic

if the ones you think are out to

get you, really are?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I got my secondary conditions for AO DMII approved pretty quick, but I had iron clad evidence from the VA doctor with a great medical report. However, the percentages they gave ended up in two year appeal process. There is always catch 22.

I have never heard anything good about Tiger Teams or anything the VA does to speed up the process. They just make a mess of it and make bad decisions that have to be appealed. Time is on their side. The WWII and Korean vets are dying pretty quick. Us RVN vets are next so why rush to help us? That war is forgotten and so are we.

Rockhound, Broncovet & All:

It does seem the V.A. initial intentions were pure. However, I don't understand why it seems there is no system for accountability in place. How can you get paid for 8 hrs of work when you have only worked 4 or 5? etc. Sounds like leadership problems to me. Maybe the claims processing model they are using needs to be reevaluated. This new and improved model is suppose to speed up the claims process. Some of what the two of you have shared about the team work ethics seems criminal.In any every organization employees should be held accountable for their work performance etc. Not sure if I would want some members of that team to handle my claim nor would I want my c-file transferred there. . Oops, I guess I wouldn't have that choice , besides... unfortunatedly I'm not old enough ...seems discrimnatory to me. Thanks for sharing guys!

P.S. That was a great exercise (posting) for the brain!

Smilen

• HadIt.com Elder
Rockhound, Broncovet & All:

It does seem the V.A. initial intentions were pure. However, I don't understand why it seems there is no system for accountability in place.

When the leadership is locked away in ivory towers, without accountability, the professional bureaucrats run the farm. A little jail time for their criminal acts would help. Don't get me wrong, most of the mistakes are just rooted in lazy incompetence. A large number of VA employees are disengaged. It's been my observation, over the last four decades, that only a few really care...

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"