Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got The Brown Envelope

Rate this topic

farmall

Greetings to all on this site. After a year of appealing I finally got my husband a l00% rating for PTSD and TDIU. It has been a long, long road but with the help of the people here and conferences with Flip, we finally succeeded. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for giving me the strength to keep going on this. You are great people. Thanks--Sandra, wife of Roger. p.s., haven't got the back pay yet but am keeping an eye on the bank account.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Berta

GREAT NEWS!

Flip is certainly our resident expert on TDIU !!!!

Not bad either- in appeals one year-

Lets hope they get the retro correct!

By the way all- those historic Comp rates at the VA's web site are invaluable- when you get a check with no breakdown at all-you can then figure out yourself if something isn't right.

Errors on retro- all they need is a letter explaining what you feel the error is and the date of the award-(or copy of the award letter) and Finance seems to be able to handle these queries a lot faster than the RO claims department.

• HadIt.com Elder

Sandra:

Congrats they usually pay the money fairly quickly once they make the decision.

• HadIt.com Elder

really congrats, I know you think they eyar has been long but many of us here would welcome having a claim resolved in one year, I am one of the rookies on the board as Flip has pointed out and I am in my 4th year of appeals, they finally gave me my first award of 50% SC for PTSD and denied everything else, despite the evidence to show I was either 70% TDIU or 100% schedular for PTSD alone, let alone any of the other issues I should be SC for COPD, 100%, heart disease 100%, skin abnormalities over 40% of my body, 2 herniated disks they can't operate on due to my heart condition. ED, residuals of a stroke, resdiuals of exposure to LSD while in service, not voluntarily taken, I guess I am lucky they aren';t billing for the free trips I still get 32 years later. They told me flashbacks were part of PTSD, not these types of flashbacks lol, reliving an experience is not the same as these wild hallucenegenic episodes I have. Sorry to go off on a tangent, they will send the money relatively soon, they have six days a month the VA pays out so as soon as they figure it our you will either see a very large deposit in the bank or you will get a little brown envelope from them for the back pay, I have had them do that to me also. So either way, when it shows up take a few days off and disappear, nice meal at a nice restaurant to celebrate, I hope he has already filed for SSD if not I would get it filed right away, the 100% award should carry some weight in the decision process for SSD. Have you got him enrolled in Voc rehab for the Independent Living Program, they will hekp you obtain stuff for hobbies, clases on photography etc, Voc Rehab has been great to us. Take advantage of everything. Check with your state and see what benefiots they offer for 100% vets, some states have property tax deferrals, free fishing licenses, free camping at state parks, Free camping at Federal parks like Yelllowstone etc, needs to show disablity paperwork at a National Park and they give you the Goldne Age pass or something like that. Every state is different, have to check out what your state has to offer. Take time to enjoy it Mike keeping my fingers crossed and waiting for mine. T Bird you need to e mail me you address for when I finally get it, I have my favorite charities lol I just needed the funds to donate to them Catholic Social Services is high on my list to, they have a great food bank and don't make you feel like a beggar either. I will always have gratitude in my heart for them. They even gave me a card for a pro bono attorney if SSD had given me a hard time. They are a great organization. enjoy we need more people posting here. lol