VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeals Management Center

Rate this question

ammawa

Question

The AMC with the help of the VA has changed the telephone numbers so that when you call them it rings in to the nearest VARO...

Who do you call to get swome pressure on these folks....I have waited and waited for and decision on and EED...I'm already 100% IU...but My clsaim was put in in 1994...the VA made my 100% effective in 2004 bevcause that's when the doctor examined me and found me to be TDIU...I appealed that decision because my claim was that my disabilities prevented me from maintaining gainful employmwent in 1994 not 2004.

This case was remanded in 2006 an was suppose to afforded expeditious treatment in the handling of this case since it is so old..

Shortly after that...The VA started changing numbers and re-routing calls to the nearest VARO...

Does anyone have any helpful telephone numbers of anyone to call to put pressure on these folks...DAV has three or four different variations of my case so I can't count on anything one or the other says because they arent consisten with each other.

Any advice would be helpful....

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

My opinion only...

We were in your circumstances, and filed a writ of mandamus ourselves (pro se -- without an attorney). It costs $50 to file (nothing if you seek a waiver due to hardship), and although you will not "win" a writ, you will more than likely make things so awkward for the VA that they will give you a decision, finally, even if it's a denial. The AMC makes a finding, sends it to the Board, who can then either accept it or disagree.

That's what happened to us. We were denied the writ as moot because the AMC finally got off its ass and issued an SSOC, which denied the claim, but we have still not heard from the Board. We'll give it until November 1, and then we'll file another writ if we must. I want to get attorney representation for this claim, and can't get it until it reaches the Court.

Thanks for the info and opinion...I appreciate it..

My opinion only...

We were in your circumstances, and filed a writ of mandamus ourselves (pro se -- without an attorney). It costs $50 to file (nothing if you seek a waiver due to hardship), and although you will not "win" a writ, you will more than likely make things so awkward for the VA that they will give you a decision, finally, even if it's a denial. The AMC makes a finding, sends it to the Board, who can then either accept it or disagree.

That's what happened to us. We were denied the writ as moot because the AMC finally got off its ass and issued an SSOC, which denied the claim, but we have still not heard from the Board. We'll give it until November 1, and then we'll file another writ if we must. I want to get attorney representation for this claim, and can't get it until it reaches the Court.

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with VAF. The only tool that makes the VA move is a good solid writ.