Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Loses Papers!

Rate this question

tagandbag

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Got a letter from varo, stating they have misplaced a 21-4138 and 3288, nod for inferance to unemployability and FOIA for copy of c-file. DRO said he had all this two weeks ago and now they are missing. Geez! Not sure why they need the FOIA, as I already have my c-file. Hopefully with the nod they misplaced they are trying to figure out something for iu. They sent me the ssoc for the 70%, but havent gotten the actual award letter, nor any retro so they are hopefully working on a iu date.

t&b

" In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a Congress"

- John Adams

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Do you have copies to send to them ?

- at least they admitted to losing them----

They didnt lose the TDIU form did they? yet

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

Unfortunetly I have copies but they are not signed and dated. When I signed the papers, I sent copies to the atty. but did not copy them with signature or date. Big mistake on my part. I am sure my attorney has them copied with signature and date. The attorney forwards all paperwork to VA, after I sign and date. The attorney is aware of the problem, but I'm mad at myself for not making copies with signature and date.

t&b

" In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a Congress"

- John Adams

• HadIt.com Elder

Tag

You can certify that it is an unsigned true and correct copy sent signed on whatever date it was. Since the VA has acknowledged they lost it they pretty much will have to accept your copies.

It is a common practice not to sign anything but the originals but you know better for next time.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

VA lost my SMR's once. Found them three weeks later in someone elses file. Only reason I found out is my DAV rep found out about it and told me.

Needless to say, I lost some confidence in the VA at that point.

Frank

Got a letter from varo, stating they have misplaced a 21-4138 and 3288, nod for inferance to unemployability and FOIA for copy of c-file. DRO said he had all this two weeks ago and now they are missing. Geez! Not sure why they need the FOIA, as I already have my c-file. Hopefully with the nod they misplaced they are trying to figure out something for iu. They sent me the ssoc for the 70%, but havent gotten the actual award letter, nor any retro so they are hopefully working on a iu date.

t&b

Tag and Bag...You should be very greatful that the VA ADMITTED to loosing your papers. Most of the time the VA looses the papers, then blames the Veteran for not sending them in, or, more often, accuses the Veteran of lying about actually sending them in.

If you are sure they lost your papers, you might oughta request "Special Claims Handling" for mishandled documents BEFORE NOV, 2009. Because, if they have their way, if you dont complain that VA lost your papers BEFORE Nov., 2009, then them loosing your papers will become Final, and we Vets wont have anything to say about it.

The VA is already whining at me because they lost my papers in 2002, when the "shreddergate" scandal wasnt brought to light until Oct. 2008.

You see, the VA gives Veterans multiple deadlines, and if you pass any of them, your claim is denied. However, the VA has no deadlines. If it takes 37 years to process your claim, that is the Veterans fault for not resending his paper work in the 64th time even when the VA lost them 63 times.