Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nervous Wreck

Rate this question

BIG O

Question

I'm a nervous wreck as IRIS said the decision on my claim has been made and I should hear something this weekend. I'm nervous because my DAV person told me earler this week that it was being rated, yesterday I was told by a VA person that the rating was completed and it was in Post Committee (Determination) and would be completed 0-4 weeks. I called again today and was told by another VA person that the decision had been made and would or should receive the decision in the mail this weekend. What concerns me is that it takes them almost a year, and then all of a sudden in a week everyting seems to happen!!

BIG O

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks everyone, I do feel better. I way that I'm relaxing is that evey half-hour I call IRIS for status, and every time I get a different response. Kinda like the excuse for the day that broncovet referred to. Well I guess it comes down to this, the people who should know, don't, the people who should not know, think they do. And the rest just don't give a rats a## at the VA.

BIG O

Big 0,

I am glad I read your post, because after I did I called the 800 number and they told me my reconsideration request was completed (closed) on 7/23 and that I should be hearing something within a week. I am not sure what they decided, but I hope with something so cut-and-dry they don't make me go to appeals to win. I hope that things work out for both of us :-)