Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Agent Orange Cancer Bill H.r. 3491

Rate this question

allan

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Subject: New Agent Orange Cancer Bill H.R. 3491 Mr. Holstein of Congressman Kagen' Off

Date: Aug 3, 2009 6:16 PM

New Agent Orange Cancer Bill H.R. 3491

Mr. Holstein of Congressman Kagen' Office sent me a copy of the AO Cancer bill introduced by Congressman Kagen. The bill is not posted yet on the DC watch bill sites but should be shortly.

As most of you know I have given them both a hard time on this bill especially with the data that is out there that demonstrates the herbicide connection. However, I must give credit where it is earned and true to their word they have reintroduced the bill.

Now then; now it is entirely up to the Nation's Veterans/Widows/Offspring of Veterans to get this bill passed and put into law. I will post congressional offices later to contact as well and please contact your two senators. I would recommend taking five minutes and writing a letter of support as that seems to be the best way to support these bills. Or even a group petition signed by churches or any organization with a signature list.

Cosponsors are:

Joe Baca (D-CA)

Madeline Bordallo (D-Guam)

Rush Holt (D-NJ)

Jim McDermott (D-WA)

Mike McIntyre (D-NC)

Mike Rogers (R-AL)

Michael Michaud (D-ME)

Jan Shakowsky (D-IL)

Bill is shown below

http://www.2ndbattalion94thartillery.com/Chas/CancerBill2.htm

Kelley

Mr. Holstein of Congressman Kagen' Office sent me a copy of the AO Cancer bill introduced by Congressman Kagen. The bill is not posted yet on the DC watch bill sites but should be shortly.

As most of you know I have given them both a hard time on this bill especially with the data that is out there that demonstrates the herbicide connection. However, I must give credit where it is earned and true to their word they have reintroduced the bill.

Now then; now it is entirely up to the Nation's Veterans/Widows/Offspring of Veterans to get this bill passed and put into law. I will post congressional offices later to contact as well and please contact your two senators. I would recommend taking five minutes and writing a letter of support as that seems to be the best way to support these bills. Or even a group petition signed by churches or any organization with a signature list.

Cosponsors are:

Joe Baca (D-CA)

Madeline Bordallo (D-Guam)

Rush Holt (D-NJ)

Jim McDermott (D-WA)

Mike McIntyre (D-NC)

Mike Rogers (R-AL)

Michael Michaud (D-ME)

Jan Shakowsky (D-IL)

Bill is shown below

http://www.2ndbattalion94thartillery.com/Chas/CancerBill2.htm

Kelley

Edited by allan

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You should read some of the comments on the attached link. It really got heated up. It also shows how some of the public think about Vietnam vets and Agent Orange.

http://washingtonwatch.com/bills/show/111_HR_3491.html#toc0

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

As you already know, these sponsers were for the bill when it was in the 110th.

To date, there is only one co-sponsor in the 111th.

I have contacted some of the vet organizations and

have been told that they will not back this bill without the research (this was when it was in the 110th).

Just who is going to research gastric cancers? I find it hard to accept that in the last 4 decades there

has been NO research on any gastric cancers. Take esophageal cancer as a classic example. It has risen

350% since ten years after the VN war. A red flag indeed but no one out there is researching just why the increase in this particular cancer. The best I've seen is, "it might be from obesity" and "more research is needed"

but NO ONE is doing it.

Our efforts should be directed at getting this research done. The bill will never pass without it.

• HadIt.com Elder

It's a known fact that our Gov. knew the dioxin dangers of Agent Orange as far back as the early 1950's. Colin Powell's remarks " You break it. You buy it." applies to Agent Orange contamination. This was willful misconduct, on the part of the military and DOD-DOW. When I was in Vietnam, we had to resupply our canteens and personal water supply from the streams and run off of Agent Orange contaminated areas. Any fool now knows, if you drink Agent Orange Kool-Aid, it could very well damage internal organs and passage ways, including esophageal and gastric systems. The ingestion of AO through the water supply is the elephant in the room, when sub-committee's debate the issue. If the Congress was required to drink a bottle of AO water. How many would?

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

I so agree with you! I'm dismayed by the lack of support regarding bill 3491. The negative comments there are

unbelievable. Such lack of respect for our veterans is beyond my comprehenion.

When this bill was first posted the voting was 75 for, 25 against but it has definately gone the other way.

What are these people thinking?

For some reason you can no longer bring up this bill through google so I will try again to post the link.

It appears ok in the body of the e-mail but when I do a preview it wipes part of the link out??? Really would like to see more positive support for this bill.

http://www.washingtonwatch.com/bills/show/...tml#commentform

Well, it wipes part of the link again so

after /show/ in the above link, add 111_HR_3491.html#commentform

maybe that will work for anyone here that wants to view the bill or comment.

Just tried the first link and it is working...

Edited by sjh4951