Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Pending?

Rate this question

tagandbag

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Up in the air on this one. As I posted before I recieved ssoc and increase to 70%, one month ago to the day. Have not recieved the award letter for the 70%. Lawyer told me last week the DRO denied IU. I have a inquiry to iris, have not heard back yet. Called the 800 # and a vso lady told me my claim was still pending and being reviewed. She said when they finalize they will send me the letter. What the heck, they already sent me an ssoc for 70%, why would they have to review that. Or is it possible they are taking a closer look at my file for IU, before it goes before the BVA. Shit they got me on the edge of my seat on this one. Hope they don't take me back to zero or reduce me. I don't take much stock in the 800#, even so I believe what she told me was probably true. Also I fear they could hold onto my claim for as long as they want to, before they make there decision. I mean they technically have a couple of years to do whatever they want, till it goes to the BVA. It's no wonder why I have high blood pressure among other things.

t&b

" In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a Congress"

- John Adams

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have a Lawyer let them do their job.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

Your right Pete, when I get nervous I will start to get antsy and proactive. I'm just a paranoid and think I have to watch my back all the time. I know the lawyer is good, just keeping him honest.

But I did here from IRIS and they told me the claim is in finance and waiting to be finalized. Also my attorney e-mailed and sent the papers that the VA lost. They lost a NOD that had inference to IU and other sc issues. Second they have misplaced papers within a two month period.

t&b

" In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a Congress"

- John Adams

They should have said they deferred IU in the SSOC.

I think maybe they are going to make a TDIU decision (if they have the TDIU form) or they will send it to you.

If you filed a NOD that inferred TDIU did you send them the TDIU form?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder
They should have said they deferred IU in the SSOC.

I think maybe they are going to make a TDIU decision (if they have the TDIU form) or they will send it to you.

If you filed a NOD that inferred TDIU did you send them the TDIU form?

I'm wondering about that also. The NOD they misplaced, definetley inferred TDIU and that was submitted in Sept 08. My SSOC stated the evidence and how they awarded the 70%.

1. VA medical records.

2.Psychiatric review Sept 08, with a GAF of 45

3.Va form 21-840. Application for TDIU, rcieved June 09

4. SSDI award dated 09/29/08 and copies of military records

5. Review of all evidence of record

There was no mention of defering IU, at all. I should be hearing something shortly. Thats why am nervous as a tick on a dogs rear leg, something like that. Also I would like to add that the NOD filed in Sept. 08. and the inference of IU was implied to the decision in April of 08 of 30%.

t&b

Edited by tagandbag

- John Adams

I am still a believer in the "Watched pot never boils", so I make a conscious effort NOT to know whether my claim is at the rater, the DRO, BVA, triage, etc. When the decision gets here, it gets here. I dont watch for the mailman. I do other things. Chill out, wait till you get your decision, and in the interim, take up fishing, sports, or anything other than worrying about what your rating is going to be. You will drive yourself nuttier. You cant really do anything about it now, anyway, until you get your decision, then you can write a NOD if you dont like it.

You might try this:

Write down 4 possible senarios:

a) everything gets denied.

<_< You get part of what you want, and other stuff is denied.

c) You get everything you want.

d) You get everything you want at an earlier date than what you expected.

Then, figure out what you are going to do with each. In particular, how are you going to wisely spend (or invest!) the money. That is the fun part! You can even open a brokerage account at Scottrade (without money) and do "Virtual" trading, and try your luck at picking stocks. Then if/when you do get money, you will have some experience.