Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Request

Rate this question

david walker

Question

I had a C&P at the end of Jan. I've requested a copy 3 times. One from the clinic and twice from the regional office. I know my file is at the rating board. One letter was returned, saying it was to soon. The clinic called and said they could not release the report, I've not heard from the RO about my last request. This is so strange I've had two previous C&P's and gotten a copy in a couple of weeks. Has the VA changed their policy on releasing info to the Vet?

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Not only I am I having a hard time getting my exam.....I just called the 800 # to check on status of claim, the lady told me my claim had been decided 3/17 and I would be hearing something by mail in a few weeks. OK, I called again to the same 800 # asked the same question and was told my claim is still pending at the rating board. A person is just wasting their time calling to check on a claim.

Guest jstacy

David call your VSO , He should have an office at the RO. Ask him to go and physically check on it. Stay on the phone until he returns. The lady may have been looking at the correct screen. The second person may have looked at the wrong screen.

• HadIt.com Elder

wallyg,

Under civil law they would be sanctioned by a judge for supressing evidence. The fact that they did not like a report is no reason to destroy it by supressing it.

I have always said. Do not wait for the VA to schedule a C&P exam. You can always ask a doctor to write a note in your file at any time. I did it several times at different hospitals. I have asked for nexus letter too an opinion regarding my employability. The doctors have cooperated in recent years. In the 90's they were resistent. Since they passed new laws requiting nexus letters from VA doctors they have been much more likely to get involved.

That seems ridiculous-

David- I would-if I were you- send them an inquiry via the www.va.gov web site- under Benefits is the Contact us query info-

If you click on it as Service Complaint they seem to react faster. It could take hours or a few days-

Their reply makes no sense at all- the C & P was done-it takes a week or two to type up and it should be in your c file anyhow-because they already used it for the decision.

(or did they? did they list it or refer to it in the decision?)