Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mrvet Had His Cp Exam Yesterday

Rate this question

mrsvet28

Question

MRVETS CP PTSD EXAM DR.X PSYCH. SAID "IT IS OBVIOUS TO ME YOU HAVE EXTREME PTSD DUE TO YOUR VARIOUS MILITARY TRAUMAS - I AM SORRY FOR WHAT YOU'VE BEEN THRU- AND THANK YOU FOR SERVING YOUR COUNTRY----

AND THEN MRVET CRIED---------------------------AND SO DID I......................

SO NOW I GUESS WE WAIT.......THANKS MRS VET

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

With verified stressor or CIB,PH, CAR on his DD 214 -this certainly sounds good-

But I agree with Carlie- to get a copy of the C & P exam results.

The RO could certainly make the decision with this favorable C & P.

My award was made in April and I am still waiting for my money.Hope this goes faster for you then that.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

With verified stressor or CIB,PH, CAR on his DD 214 -this certainly sounds good-

But I agree with Carlie- to get a copy of the C & P exam results.

The RO could certainly make the decision with this favorable C & P.

My award was made in April and I am still waiting for my money.Hope this goes faster for you then that.

Berta,

Me too hope it goes quick-the lawyers said they wanted to push it thru back to the RO asap since its been 11 years and counting...if I read the remand correctly I believe the diagnosis from the VA doc was what they wanted, because there was a differnce of opinion between the 08 IMO and the 07 CPexam on factor C-he did meet more than 5 of the DSMIV critieria then-which the lawyer stated in his addendum as a rebuttal to the DRO hearing ---and the stressors have been verified according to the 08 SSOC I know to read alot of these, but if you remember they said he was diagnosed with PTSD back in 05'but they failed to verify stressor then-then when they did -they said he had "various psych. diagnoses"after his 07 CP-but yet as you know his SS is for PTSD-and

has been since 03'---say a prayer for us!!!!!!!! Thanks Mrsvet

Yep sorry I overlooked BVA so it does have to go back and yes the VA will pay the attorneys from your retro.

for awhile I had to keep up on them-so I sent letters thru for different things-maybe now they'll keep in touch with me B)

Mrs Vet it took me 4 months after my claim was approved by the BVA before I got the check I was lucky my lawyer was pro bono.....

We are 11 years and counting ...4 months is a cakewalk!! :P ...and they took it on pro bono but I still believe alot of the pro bono falls under the Equal Op To Justice Act for them so they bill the gov't anyway................ B)

for awhile I had to keep up on them-so I sent letters thru for different things-maybe now they'll keep in touch with me B)

Considering the C&Ps I've been through, I cannot begin to express the gratitude and joy I have for you both.

May the decision making and payout come quickly and as smoothly.

Again, congrats.

mrsvet28,

Sounds good but still go to ROI and get a copy of the C&P.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie, got the copy yesterday from the ROI- to sum it all up its says:

Axis 1- PTSD, chronic, depressive disorder NOS,alcohol dependence,history of polysubstance abuse

Axis 2- defferred

Axis 3 hypertension,bladder calculi,begign hypertrophy of the prostate,hypercholesterolemia, xerossis of the skin, solar dermatitis, chronic low back pain and left leg pain

Axis4 history of combat trauma, multiple chronic health problems

Axis 5 GLOBAL ASSESMENT OF FUNCTIONING

SCORE 50 TIME FRAME: current functioning

comments: Veteran presents with serious/severe symptons, and very significant impairment of his emotional.occupational and social functioning.

then in the medical opinion it states: PTSD due to or result of combat related trauma.

PTSD checklist: SCALE RAW total 85

DSM_IV PTSD CRITERIA IS MET B<C<and D

PTSD diagnosis is suggested--

the leg exam said "due to tibial trauma"

So what do you guys think?

:) Mrsvet

;