Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hearing Loss

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

Forgot to point this out this was written by a former audiologist who worked for QTC.

Question should this get my claim reopened before it is sent to the BVA and what might my rating be.

Thanks, For the responses.

Ok new evaluations from audiologist in support of my claim for hearing loss:

CHIEF COMPLAINT: The Veteran, a 60year old male, was seen in my office on XXXX for pure tone and speech recognition evaluations. The veteran reports a significant history of noise exposure during his military career. He has a long history of hearing loss and tinnitus in both ears. The veteran currently wears a hearing aid in the left ear only.

AUDIO TEST PERFORMED: Audio tests were performed including audiogram with tympanograms.

AUDIO RESULTS: Otoscopic examination revealed both ear canals free of cerumen. Standard Puretone Audiometric procedures revealed a moderate to severe hearing loss in the left ear and a moderate to profound sensorineural hearing loss in the right ear. Significant asymmetries were noted from 750 through 8000Hz. NU 6 word list was utilist to obtain speech discriminations via live voice with a score of 76% at 90dB HL in the left ear. Speech discriminations could not be evaluated in the right ear, although a speech reception threshold of 95%dB HL was obtained in ear.

PLAN OF CARE: Mr. XXXX, has a moderate to severe sensorial hearing loss in the left ear and a moderate to profound sensorial hearing loss in the right ear accompanied by constant tinnitus. It is more than likely than not that the tinnitus and hearing loss was caused by noise exposure while in the military. Continued hearing aid use is recommended for the left ear and should be considered for the right, ear along with cochlear implant candidacy. Annual audiometric evaluations are recommended for continued status assessment of the auditory mechanism and hearing conservation is recommended(hearing protection) whenever the veteran is exposed to excessive noise levels.

Signed , Au D CCC-A

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I would not worry about it. It will probably take a separate life of its own

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I would not worry about it. It will probably take a separate life of its own

Hey Pete been a while since I posted here! How you doing? What did you mean above?

I am also getting another letter from another AUDIO to ascertain this.