Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Imo Qualifications/costs

Rate this question

cannoncocker

Question

My interests are very close to Rockhounds I started to add my experience to his thread but didn't want to hijack his thread. Here is my IME person:

For Lumbar Injury which the VA denied and has now gone to the DRO and I have requested a conference. I expect zero help from anybody so I'll be toeing the mark alone. If the DAV even shows up they need, no i'll bring my own, crash cart.

Her credentials:

Mxxxxxx O. Bxxxxxx, M.D.

Certification:

American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Spinal Cord Injury Medicine

American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation

Residency:

Physical Medicine, Ohio State University Hospitals

Internship:

Riverside Methodist Hospital, Columbus, OH

Medical School:

University of Maryland Medical School

Cost $500.00

I gave her the following documentation:

2 MRI Disc images With Flex x-rays

2 Radiology Evaluations for the MRI

1 Neurology notes from consult

Fee basis eoidural injection approcal form

Surgery option by neurologist at consult.

2 VA denials, both stating different reasons.

Nobody really denies my back is messed up but the VA dodged that as good as they could but those /dr's and MrI's kept interferring with that. So I have documented:

1. Sciatica from pinched S1

2. Protruded herniations

3. extruded herniations

4. degenerative disc disease multiple level

5. ventral wedging

6. osteophytes

7.kyphosis

8. annular fissure

9.facet hypertrophy

etc..............

you get the idea

The real issue is this SC?

So how do I approach this appointment? It is next Wednesday at which point I hand them 500 bucks for who knows what.

1. Should I go bare handed and just run my mouth

2. bring an example of what the VA is looking for as in the way of form and wording/

3. Should I and is it true point out that it does not have to be that each item idicated is SC, that one of those is possibly SCand should be noted if that is actually SC.

I am open for suggestions on this. Doesn't have to be all or none right? for example 6.5 years of humping 174 lb FA projos had to play some part in the degenerative disease item. Way outside federal lifting guidlines! Seems like that or at least one of those items should be conceeded!

Do I just sit there and keep my mouth shut? are try to make my point?

Of course all you guys are appreciated.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Yes Pete you are so right about the guidance Bertha provides us. I am embarassed that I have to be helped so much, but Bertha is always there with precise correct answers. Additionally thanks to all that help each other. I would never have the nerve to fight this without the support and information.

Hi Cannoncocker,

I just got TDIU for my back (50% currently). I filed for and was service connected in 2000. Everyone said there was no way it could happen because I filed 5 years out of service and didn't have enough in my service records. My service time was 1991-1995. I have a letter from a surgeon and a podiatrist I asked to write to help my claim. If you'd like to see them I will send offline. I also had 2 IMO done but they were for increases. I'll share them to if you like. Granted I went after service connection as direct and 2nd to my service connected feet. Let me know.

Those docs you sent were very useful. That is how this is so useful to me, I would have done all sorts of digging to find this info. No thanks from nobody, just your willingbess to help. I'm not even an ex marine. Thank you friend, and to all those that help others.

Doesn't look like from your story you can tell unless you try right!