Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Yuku

Rate this question

cannoncocker

Question

1. "yuku is cool" from another thread that was closed. But wasn't closed about this i don't think.

What in hades is yuku? I could google it but wouldn't give me any context.

2. In my experience when yo instruct someone to get a copy of their C file, i was told they already sent it, which i never got, but must include every document active and va afterwards and wold cost a good deal of money for them to copy it. those words are their "VA". so I had to single out specifically what I wanted, say a qtc exam I didn't have. they basically told me the entire file would go in the too hard to do box.

Not asking any questions just repeating what the VA put on me. Bearing in mind my original claim had:

1. Tachycardia/high blood pressure/arrythmia

2. status postbunionectomy bilateral with scar

3. high frequency hearing loss right side 0%

4. Pes Planus

I requested lmbar injury consideration. it exploded from that point, but all ffor the bestt sinccee it went from 30 to 60% with heearing loss bilateral 0%

but evidently that took every record I ever had. so it can be very expensive for them to copy it if for some reasson you don't or didn't receive them.

this is so weird, the one thing i knew for a fact hands down, anybody would conceed the lumbar injury they nixed it flat.

anyway the claim file itself can be an issue, in my experiemce.

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

1. "yuku is cool" from another thread that was closed. But wasn't closed about this i don't think.

What in hades is yuku? I could google it but wouldn't give me any context.

2. In my experience when yo instruct someone to get a copy of their C file, i was told they already sent it, which i never got, but must include every document active and va afterwards and wold cost a good deal of money for them to copy it. those words are their "VA". so I had to single out specifically what I wanted, say a qtc exam I didn't have. they basically told me the entire file would go in the too hard to do box.

Not asking any questions just repeating what the VA put on me. Bearing in mind my original claim had:

1. Tachycardia/high blood pressure/arrythmia

2. status postbunionectomy bilateral with scar

3. high frequency hearing loss right side 0%

4. Pes Planus

I requested lmbar injury consideration. it exploded from that point, but all ffor the bestt sinccee it went from 30 to 60% with heearing loss bilateral 0%

but evidently that took every record I ever had. so it can be very expensive for them to copy it if for some reasson you don't or didn't receive them.

this is so weird, the one thing i knew for a fact hands down, anybody would conceed the lumbar injury they nixed it flat.

anyway the claim file itself can be an issue, in my experiemce.

yuku is cool. yuku is a nickname for another veterans' website. hadit and yuku are the best websites we veterans have. yuku is actually called veterans benefits network-message board-yuku or vets.yuku.com. punch in either and you will have it and i believe you will like it. <_<

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with blanco63. I look in on VBN (Veterans Benefits Network) regularly along with hadit. Both have their strong points. I have found very knowledgeable people on both sites and see that if one site doesn't quite answer the question, the other might.

Try this link that will get you to the VBN main forum site. In order to ask a question, just as in here, you have to become a member (totally free).

http://vets.yuku.com/directory

As far as I am concerned these two sites are not in competition with each other. They are both designed to help veterans and that is the bottom line.

Hope I don't offend anyone in here. Just think the more who are looking out for veterans, the better.

Check out my website in Step 6 and you will find a lot of Support Groups that might help. VBN & hadit are top of the list. <_<

fanaticbooks

I would like to thank both of you fanaticbooks and blanco63 for the answers to that. Who knew? Not possible to have enough information and these are excellent possibilities. I haven't had a chance to try them but bet I will.

I feel the fear starting to well up since I am entering unknow territory with DRO reviews and conferences along with handing over 500 bucks to a complete stranger and for all I know she has been a life long anti soldier etc and blah waiting for the opportunity to beat one of us over the head. I know all that seems silly but how would I know and 500 dollars may not seem like much to most of you but bet it means a lot to me, then the VA, just after making some decisions in my favor could just up and decide They have changed their minds then I'd be out of the frying pan into the fire!

Anyways good deal on the extra sites for info. i had no idea they existed.

Thank you,

david

Edited by cannoncocker

• HadIt.com Elder

Hadit is not in competition with yuku and encourages Veterans to search and use any knowledge that is in cyber space or anywhere else.

However Hadit will not tolerate posters who try to stir up trouble on either Board.

My personal opinion is Hadit is Vet Friendly and offers a comfortable place to discuss and review claims sympathetically.

I agree with blanco63. I look in on VBN (Veterans Benefits Network) regularly along with hadit. Both have their strong points. I have found very knowledgeable people on both sites and see that if one site doesn't quite answer the question, the other might.

Try this link that will get you to the VBN main forum site. In order to ask a question, just as in here, you have to become a member (totally free).

http://vets.yuku.com/directory

As far as I am concerned these two sites are not in competition with each other. They are both designed to help veterans and that is the bottom line.

Hope I don't offend anyone in here. Just think the more who are looking out for veterans, the better.

Check out my website in Step 6 and you will find a lot of Support Groups that might help. VBN & hadit are top of the list. <_<

fanaticbooks

• HadIt.com Elder
Hadit is not in competition with yuku and encourages Veterans to search and use any knowledge that is in cyber space or anywhere else.

However Hadit will not tolerate posters who try to stir up trouble on either Board.

My personal opinion is Hadit is Vet Friendly and offers a comfortable place to discuss and review claims sympathetically.

I totally agree with you Pete. You know I try to always be courteous. I probably didn't word it right but have always felt both sites were excellent sources to help veterans find answers.

Thanks to this site and other sites like this, veterans are actually getting solid answers to very involved questions. This help is invaluable.

Your welcome cannoncocker,

Hope the info helps you in your journey.

fanaticbooks

Gotcha, 10-4, lima charlie. I just hadn't heard of it and wouldn't have known if it was a forum or better mouse trap.

Just curious about it. i went over and looked at it and since I am familiar with the folks here and where some things are obviously I don't feel compelled to reinvent the wheel.

This is on the twilight zone side though Pete et al I saw a thread about Vietnam Vets lossing all the hair off both of their calves.That exact same thing happened to me in Germany in 1979 and have never been to Vietnam. I never followed up on it since it didn't interfer with my ability to work so i just let it go. They didn't seem to have a diagnosis for it either. Weird, what would cause that?

Edited by cannoncocker