Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lz Sally Hq.

Rate this question

hookrunner

Question

Trying to help my neighbor find vets of 101st airborne 1-501 charlie co. 1969. Needing after action reports .

They spent most of their time in the bush at Black Virgin Mountain . He has a 11B10 mos ,and the air medal along with all the other stuff everyone back then got. The VA has turned him down due to lack of information in his stressor. Any idea's ?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hookrunner, John Roche's book, "The Veterans Survival Guide," includes a chapter that discusses finding non-medical evidence. Chapter 7, "Prove it or Lose It." He specifically cites as an example a veteran looking for information to support stressor incident evidence for a PTSD claim. There is an extensive amount of information contained in it, too much to list here.

Your neighbor may want to check it out. I bought it, and found it very useful. On Amazon, about $11 bucks and change plus shipping.

The Screaming Eagles are all over the web- I have lots of sites-

http://bgmarrs2.tripod.com/id33.html

He was 1-501 Charlie-101st Airborne-

There is Charlie Company and Charlie Battery

Will check with a 101st friend I have as to the After Action reports-

but he should also check out

After Action Reports Army

COAARS and Unit Histories

NARA National Archives and Records Administration

Attention: NWCTM- Modern Military Records

8601 Adelphi Road

Cllege Park, Md. 20740-6001

1-866-272-6272

Morning Reports are found at NPRC NAtional Personnel Records Center NPRC

9700 Page Avenue

St. Louis ,Mo 63132-5100

Also web site is available for NARA.

http://www.archives.gov/

Trying to help my neighbor find vets of 101st airborne 1-501 charlie co. 1969. Needing after action reports .

They spent most of their time in the bush at Black Virgin Mountain . He has a 11B10 mos ,and the air medal along with all the other stuff everyone back then got. The VA has turned him down due to lack of information in his stressor. Any idea's ?

1. I think 11b10 MOS was infantry, if he has a CIB, he should be most of way the there.

3. My experience with 101st guys from group is that they working hard to find each other.

4. He should be able to connect with your help.

5. If he was infantry and did not get a CIB it may be a harder sell.

Jim

Edited by 11th Armored Cavalry

Thanks both of you for your help. The man I am helping does not even know how to turn on a computer.

He spent all day at my house yesterday . We were trying to write his notice of disagreement and get it post marked before the deadline today. He just got the turn down day before yesterday, but they said his time limit will run out 1 April,2006 . The New Orleans VARO has been in a trauma since the storm Katrina . They are not back in their building on Loyola Ave. yet.

Bertha ,my wife and I worked until 10:30 pm last night trying to find the guys in his unit. He said Carlie co. so I will go with that. We have a list of names and addy's of men in his squad from 1969 . We have been doing a people search bot of course in 37 years people tend to move or die out.

I will check out what you girls have recommended , although I have some 101st bookmarked already. I have to say i am a poor choice for help, but this person doesn't have any other resource . Thanks again.

Thank 11th Armored. He told me yesterday that he was qualified for CIB but was not on his dd214 . The State Service office file a sf 160 for a updated dd215 but they only added the Air Medal and Army commendation. He was in country from 13 June 1969-Nov 19 1969. His parents got him out on a hardship ,but he still had to make reserve meetings.

What are the qualifications for cib he said he was in several fire fights and mortal attacks. Probally had a lazy co. clerk.

Thank 11th Armored. He told me yesterday that he was qualified for CIB but was not on his dd214 . The State Service office file a sf 160 for a updated dd215 but they only added the Air Medal and Army commendation. He was in country from 13 June 1969-Nov 19 1969. His parents got him out on a hardship ,but he still had to make reserve meetings.

What are the qualifications for cib he said he was in several fire fights and mortal attacks. Probally had a lazy co. clerk.

Not being infantry myself, not certain, I think it is pretty basic. It does have to be on orders.

You can google it I imagine.

You said he had ACM, I think they had those with a V device also, not certain.

Any medal for valor, or a purple heart should meet the qualification for being in combat.

I think if he does not have a current diagnosis of PTSD or some other stress/anxiety/depression

problem related to service it is a problem.

You have some really smart folks on this board.

Also the FAQ section may have some answers.

Jim