Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Re-embursment Of Prescription Copays

Rate this question

Kirk

Question

I know I saw this adressed on the old forum somewhere. I can't find it here. My service officer seems to think its not possible but I'm sure it is. Could someone steer me in the right direction as to who I write and what I say or what proof to send that my meds over the last three years have all been service conected? Right now I'm not getting any money as my separation pay has to be recouped first, but it sure would be nice to stop having them hound me for money for medicine I have already recieved and might be nice to get back the few hundred in copays I have made.

Thanks Kirk

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Guest jstacy

Kirk write a letter to the Hospital Billing Department at your VA and send a list of the Meds you have that are for service connection. Also give the dates. Billing will send the information to your primary care team and the Nurse will then tell them what is sc or not. I did this last month and got several med copays cancelled.

I have recived reimbursements twice in the last two years. I called the Med Cost and recovery department of the VAMC and it took about 4 weeks to recieve the money.

• HadIt.com Elder

If its a lot of money I would go to the VAMC and ask to see someone in the billing department.

Peter is right- the VAMC is a good start-bring your award letter to their billing dept-

they DO reimburse on this-it should not take too long-