Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mst And Dysfunction Among Women Vets

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

This is an inquiry post and not meant to offend. Is there a diagnosis for sexual dysfunction caused by or related to MST?

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Hello Cowgirl...yes there is a medical term for Female Sexual Dysfunction it is medically called:

"Female Sexual Arousal Disorder (FSAD) is similar to what used to be called frigidity"

You can research this disorder more on line. I am not aware if this disorder is covered with the VA...would have to research it. I hope this helps.

Female Sexual Dysfunction

Due to unrealistic expectations, many men see women who fail to achieve orgasm as being frigid. However, this often occurs because of a lack of affectionate expression by the partner, or a lack of sexual understanding and skill. Of course, there are other causes such as fear of pregnancy, recent childbirth, dyspareunia (pain during intercourse), and some prescription drugs. Drugs prescribed to treat conditions such as depression, insomnia, or high blood pressure can prevent female orgasm. Approximately ten percent of women will never achieve orgasm and around half never experience orgasm during sexual intercourse due to insufficient foreplay. Men often see the lack of female orgasm as a criticism of their own masculinity.

*taken from the artical

Sexual Dysfunction “ Don't Let it Ruin Your Relationship

Submitted by Annabelle on Thursday, July 06 @ 21:38:48 MST

hope this helps..

God Speed

mountain tyme

Edited by mountain tyme

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank you Mountain, thats very helpful and a direction to pursue the answer.

Having talked to other women with dysfunction issue in past years, not a regular issue that we share, just occasional mention, no one knew what to call 'it'. From what I understand, this malady of the spirit and its symptoms depend on variable factors, physical heatlh, age, marriage or other relationship, close freindships, underlying causation (medicine, physical impaired health condtion, ptsd or mst), pyschological comes to mind as well as having children or not, etc.

'Is FSAD or other forms of female sexual dysfunction recognized or treated as a rateable service connected condition?'

I feel service connecting female sexual dysfunction is as important for women as is a condition of ED is for gentlemen. Clearly, no offense.

Thanks again, research continuiing...

Edited by cowgirl

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Cowgirl ;-) Go to the Public Library and find the Diagnostic abnd Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (4th edition) (aka DSM IV). You will find some solid answers ... HUGS! Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)