Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Hve A C-file!

Rate this question

akwidow

Question

I found out yesterday that I have my own C-File, even though I am not the veteran. I was talking to MOPH, who informed me almost by accident that I had my own file because I made the DIC claim, such file that is seperate and distinct from my late hubby's C-File... let's just say I went WOW.

Have you members found this to be true?

I asked the local rep to check and see if either of them is in Anchorage at this time, since my DIC case is before AMC in DC. I did ask about seeing my late husband's C-file on a trip to Anchorage not long ago, and VAMC told me the file was in DC with the case. They did not volunteer anything about their being two C-files in our family.

Here is another thing the local MOPH rep told me. I had asked him to inquire as to the status of my claim. He said write to a fellow in the DC office, as he could go down the hall and ask for me. So I did, and the DC rep never responded back to me. The DC MOPH guy did respond to the local rep and told the local rep that he (the DC rep) could not get information because he was not up the totem pole high enough for them to give him any information.

Have you guys heard of this? Or am I getting my leg pulled?

"Do one thing every day that scares you." Eleanor Roosevelt

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

"....I had my own file because I made the DIC claim...."

You made a claim, you get a file..........a "c"-file, a "claims"-file.

"The DC MOPH guy did respond to the local rep and told the local rep that he (the DC rep) could not get information because he was not up the totem pole high enough for them to give him any information."

Are you getting YOUR leg pulled, probably, but not as badly as your "local rep" is getting their's pulled.

Either that, or your DC MOPH rep needs to "come in out of the rain".

but, wth do I know?

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• HadIt.com Elder

I am sure that they have a C File on your claim When you finish you should ask for a copy.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.