VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can A Person Get A Rating For Acid Reflux?

Rate this question

sawgunner

Question

Can a person get a rating for acid reflux after taking medications to control pain for a service connected disability?

In other words.... Can it be proven that years of taking the meds caused the acid reflux?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
I hate to bring this up[ but sudafed =prescribed by VA-was a contributing factor to my husband's untimely death.

He had a heart attack while on the job at VA and they rushed him to the ER.

The diagnosis wasnt heart attack however but sinus problems.

When I won my FTCA case the VACO doctors agreed with my evidence that showed his heart attack was never properly diagnosed and treated and his sudafed prescription- 4 times a day for the next 6 years-along with the malpracticed heart disease-contributed to his death.

Pseudoephedrine (sudafed) can cause serious problems.Are they still giving sudafed to you -even with the afibrulation problem?

BTW-when I finally got his med recs and learned how to decifer them-I found he had been given X ray of his sinuses and they were clear.I sent this to VA OGC as further proof of the sudafed charge.Regardless the VA continued the sudafed and the VACO doctor said there seemed to be no good cause whatsoever for this med that contributed to his fatal heart disease.Also his HBP med was at a dose so low that between that low dosage and the ability of sudafed to raise ones BP- this was sound medical rationale I used for my negligence case.

Every veteran should read their med recs and question anything they dont understand in them.

Medical Symbols , blood chem values and ECHOs- etc can be decifered much better by a layperson these days then the days without the internet when it took me months to figure medical stuff out.

Berta when I had my first heart attack I was 38 and the doctor told me it was heart burn and some lung problem bronchitis I think I must have drank a gallon of liquid Maalox between that Tue morn and Sunday morn when the second heart attack took me to the emergency room they started to tell my wife and I the same thing when I was still hooked up to the leads and had my 3rd heart attack I never seen people move so fast, if I had not been in that emergency room that morning I don't think I would be here now yes there is a difference betweena little heart attack and a major heart attack but you know what when it's you having it they are all major yes misdiagnosis is a major problem in the docs defense I was 38, 155 pounds and walked 20 miles a day delivering mail I was not exactly a person who looked like a heart attack candidate

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
I hate to bring this up[ but sudafed =prescribed by VA-was a contributing factor to my husband's untimely death.

He had a heart attack while on the job at VA and they rushed him to the ER.

The diagnosis wasnt heart attack however but sinus problems.

When I won my FTCA case the VACO doctors agreed with my evidence that showed his heart attack was never properly diagnosed and treated and his sudafed prescription- 4 times a day for the next 6 years-along with the malpracticed heart disease-contributed to his death.

Pseudoephedrine (sudafed) can cause serious problems.Are they still giving sudafed to you -even with the afibrulation problem?

BTW-when I finally got his med recs and learned how to decifer them-I found he had been given X ray of his sinuses and they were clear.I sent this to VA OGC as further proof of the sudafed charge.Regardless the VA continued the sudafed and the VACO doctor said there seemed to be no good cause whatsoever for this med that contributed to his fatal heart disease.Also his HBP med was at a dose so low that between that low dosage and the ability of sudafed to raise ones BP- this was sound medical rationale I used for my negligence case.

Every veteran should read their med recs and question anything they dont understand in them.

Medical Symbols , blood chem values and ECHOs- etc can be decifered much better by a layperson these days then the days without the internet when it took me months to figure medical stuff out.

Berta,

After my afib episode and hypertension onset, no more sudafed. They switched me to loratidine, singulair, inhaled steroids and nasal spray steroids, which work ok - but if I miss a day I know it really quick.

Regardless, my sinuses are typically congested and tend to get infected. They then give me prednisone (I can't stand this stuff) and augmentin.

Testvet,

Sorry to hear about your heart attacks. I know what you mean about seeing them move fast in the ER. When the discs in my back became herniated, the ER didn't give a crap and let me sit in agony in the waiting room for about four hours. When I had afib, I was in no pain at all, but those ER folks scrambled like crazy. Of course, these were in civilian hospitals.

My mother had a heart attack recently and was in really great shape too. The problem there was diet. I eat relatively healthy and have good cholesterol levels, but she liked tastier food and her numbers were much higher. She's better now, but is trying to eat healthier.

• HadIt.com Elder
Berta,

After my afib episode and hypertension onset, no more sudafed. They switched me to loratidine, singulair, inhaled steroids and nasal spray steroids, which work ok - but if I miss a day I know it really quick.

Regardless, my sinuses are typically congested and tend to get infected. They then give me prednisone (I can't stand this stuff) and augmentin.

Testvet,

Sorry to hear about your heart attacks. I know what you mean about seeing them move fast in the ER. When the discs in my back became herniated, the ER didn't give a crap and let me sit in agony in the waiting room for about four hours. When I had afib, I was in no pain at all, but those ER folks scrambled like crazy. Of course, these were in civilian hospitals.

My mother had a heart attack recently and was in really great shape too. The problem there was diet. I eat relatively healthy and have good cholesterol levels, but she liked tastier food and her numbers were much higher. She's better now, but is trying to eat healthier.

Vync ERs are the last place to go for a herniated disk they see GSW and knife wounds first blood counts in the ER heart attacks strokes etc a bad backs are not very high on their priority list as there is nothing they can do except give you some pain meds and tell you to go see an ortho doc I have 3 herniated disks L3 L4 L5 and S1 they refuse to operate due to my heart problems so they give me percocets it took me a long time to get my triglycerites right I was over 400 now I am below 100 and the other numbers are right but my heart is still shot