Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Evidence Of A Prolonged Period Without Medical Complaint

Rate this question

Domepeace

Question

I've seen and read cases that are denied because of:

"Evidence of a prolonged period without medical complaint and the amount of time that elapsed since military service, can be considered as evidence against a claim."

I would like to know any thoughts on how to combat this. I'm not sure if stating that a veteran cannot afford health insurance is a viable answer. I'm curious to know, what would be considered a prolonged period; one year, five years?

Thanks,

Domepeace

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

x

x

x

It would be helpful to know the specific disability at issue; some injuries or disease have a natural progression; others are more acute or chronic. You could provide "alternative" documentation of said "complaints". ~Wings

I'm sorry, I should've wrote this in the beginning. But, the injury is right-arm numbness.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
I'm sorry, I should've wrote this in the beginning. But, the injury is right-arm numbness.

Did through your treatment records and be sure to look for anything related to your arm, shoulder, or upper neck/back, or head. They are all related and it could be a good place to start. Good luck!

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

Did through your treatment records and be sure to look for anything related to your arm, shoulder, or upper neck/back, or head. They are all related and it could be a good place to start. Good luck!

I do have it in my SMR but I have not been to the doctor for it in a long time. My apprehension is that if I go to the doctor now for it, it will be a red-flag for the VA to say I am only going to the doctor now because of my claim.

Thanks,

Domepeace

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
I do have it in my SMR but I have not been to the doctor for it in a long time. My apprehension is that if I go to the doctor now for it, it will be a red-flag for the VA to say I am only going to the doctor now because of my claim.

Thanks,

Domepeace

More medical treatment evidence is better than no medical treatment evidence...

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.