Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hypertension

Rate this topic

Billyboy

I am rated for tinnitus 10%, loss of hearing 0% and MDD at 50%, (claimed as post traumatic stress disorder, sleep disorder and night sweats). My question is on the high blood pressure. First a little history; in 1962 while in the service I had the pleasure of spending some time in the Trippler mental hospital with some very serious problems. When I got out of the service I ran like hell away from the service just as fast as I could. Not knowing I could receive any help from the VA. In my service files there is no B/P checks of any kind. While in the hospital the service gave me Librium without knowing what my B/P was. My point is I want to file a claim for hypertension and I want to be sure not to screw it up. Since I have gotten out of the service, 1962 my first two doctors are dead. The first report I have is 8-9-91 B/P was 142/92. The highest reading BEFORE I was enrolled in the VA system was 174/96. After enrolling in the VA Hospital Fresno I have readings from 198/105 and now getting under control 139/80. How would you go about handling the claim?

0% Hearing loss, 10% Tinnitus, 70% MDD, 100% TDIU Thanks to the vet (Gaylon) that help me get started, the county officer (Charles) and all the great people on HADIT

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill- Glad you made it here-

The hypertension-

Do you have your complete SMRs (service Medical Records)

I think you mentioned in the past you did-

so- no HBP readings there--- boy -you would think they would take BP readings for any meds or hospitalization- wouldn't you? But they often didnt in the mil-I guess-

Is it possible that a doctor would state that your HBP us more than likely due to -or as likely as not due to the MDD? or PTSD? That would make it secondary SC.

OR- is it possible that any of your SC meds- cause ones BP to raise?

That is another possible way to go-

what is your overall rating? are you employed?

when is last time you had a good hearing test? "0" SC is better than NSC.

If you feel comfortable telling us what mes you are on for the MDD maybe we could search them to see if they are causing your BP problems-

If a SC condition "aggravates" a NSC condition than the "aggravation" can be claimed as secondary-

This claim shows what I mean:

http://www.va.gov/vetapp01/files01/0105415.txt

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.